ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment...worst phone ever!

Journeyman

I bought this phone a year ago and it has been awful ever since! I'm so unhappy with it but my full upgrade isn't until Nov 11. Everything from answering calls, ending calls, loses my contacts, goes to wrong applications or screens than what I want, freezes and on and  on.  Now it won't hold a charge. Went to Sprint and they can't help. Just order a new refurbed one with my monthly payment I have for maintenance and or insurance. They don't recommend that because the phone was discontinued for a reason. It sucks!!!!!  Grrrrr....

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree 100%.  And the thing with this phone is that no two people have the same exact issues with their phone.  I have had two different Moments.  The first one had GPS issues and would stall and lag sometimes when I would try to make a call, sometimes having to reboot it several times just so it would make a call.  Replaced that one and the second one's GPS worked but it would suffer from constant data locks and mysteriously go into airplane mode, but it would still have problems making calls and just not doing anything when I would try to make a call.  I finally rooted the second one and installed a custom Froyo 2.2 Rom that was ported from a Trasform and now it works a.lot better, not perfect but better.  So from what I have read no two phones ever suffer from the same exact problems.  The Moment is just deffective but neither Samsung nor Sprint will acknowlege this since it would cost both companies a lot of money.

Journeyman

The moment is a piece of junk.  I bought one brand new in december of 2009 and to this day after a battery replacement it still has the worst battery efficiency of anything I've ever owned.  Running the base android 2.2 with no apps installed you're lucky to go 6 hours on a charge.   If Sprint does not pick up the Iphone before my contract is up in December I will discontinue my 10 year relationship with them. 

Journeyman

I agree with this whole post.  I cant blame sprint, I blame Samsung for this poorly made phone.  Features are great when they work properly.  My upgrade is September 1st and cant wait.  I have have my phoe replace twice with brand new ones..  And fixed with old parts from other non working phones.  Right now I havent been able to use my phone for 24 hrs because the phone keeps rebooting itself.  I am so sick of this phone because its ver unreliable.  This is my only phone and I have so many problems with it.  Samsung needs the azz kicked fo this one. Do better or get out of the buisness.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat