cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment

Journeyman

Samsung Moment

If you are an owner of the Samsung Moment, and you experience any issues with your phone locking up or going into Airplane Mode unexpectedly, please join this group on facebook to share your story.

Samsung Moment Data Lockup

This issue may at some point affect all Moment owners.  It is a hardware defect.  There is not a software fix.

We are trying to get Sprint's attention.  We need every owner complaint on this issue.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment

Android_640x480_034.jpgIhave a Moment, & this has happened to me, however, I have found that a quick workaround is to delete any unused apps, and check your memory card space, the more the fuller the card, the slower the phone. If all else fails, remove the battery & relace - this is just a workaround until Sprint's Moment maintenance releases, the 1st will not address the Data lock-up issue, and was to be released already, but is now postponed, it will however adress the Airplane Mode issue.  The 2nd in prep will adress the Data Lock-up issue.

Wizard

See this thread: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/44217?tstart=0

[updated with working link]

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Journeyman

That link is broken.

Journeyman

I am having problems With the Samsung moment phone. Today I didn't  reacive a digital singal all day. I  contacted sprint yesterday  regarding my phone and they didn't do nothing but appoligize. Since i am  on a family plan I couldn't switch service providers, Because I would  have long time ago. They know there are issues with the samsung moment  phone and they will not do anthing about it. I suggest that if you can  switch switch becuase the customer sevice here is terrible. Why when you  go to the sprint service center and tell them there are problems with  your phone do they push you to use your upgrade option when it is not  your fult your are having issues with your phone. I think someone should  pay for not making a good product and not having good upgrades for  thier phones and it should not be the customer.

After  spending lots of gas going to and from sprinit I had the tech guy tell  me that the phone was not ment to ever have the Andriod 2.1 upgrade.  That thiere is not enough memory on the phone to keep up with the  update. Becasue of this he told me the phone now ill allways lock up or  have some type of issue. I agian relaed this back to sprint so that they  would get me out of my phone model and they told me that "know one in  sprint will ever be able to get me up to the next model becuase they are  all 4g phones". I am very dissipointed because that was like the  company throwing up there hands and telling me they didn't care about  the issues that I was having and unless I paid more money I there was  nothing they would do about it. I even asked for the HtC pro 2 which is  not a samsung phone but an older model and they still said there was  nothing they could do. Sprint might be the first on 4g but there the  last on consumer relations.

Journeyman

i fixed mine this morning...............never worked better........this after a store tech said to trash it and buy something else which i did but after the bill went from 300 to 900 and talking to someone named fajardo..........pronounced   FU-HOR-DO....hmmmmmm  i've given up.  if the tech had known what he was doing i would have never switched to such an expensive phone.  problem downloaded pdf files from an intranet..............let me know.........sprint's great tech dept didn't know..................

Journeyman

The reason why Sprint is urging you to Upgrade is b/c they and Saumsung know that the phone is defective and furthermore , was declared EOL back in July 2010 when the Intercept and Epic came out. Both companies deny the problems that plague this phone . Second reason is because many people ( myself included ) complaind to the BBB and FCC about this pos phone and the techs don't know jack . I took mine in for repair a month ago , all the tech did was just reflash my phone for the 2 hours I had to leave it there , which I already do numerous times without being told "your phone just needed and update". What a load , that is Sprint execuse for everything . They need somebody to tell their customers the truth instead of jerking them around. Sprint is a good carrier , but their techs and customer service needs improvement ( in the knowledge dept )

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat