cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samung Galaxy S Epic 4G Announced (Due this Fall/Winter)

Journeyman

Samung Galaxy S Epic 4G Announced (Due this Fall/Winter)

Well the Sprint version of the Samsung Galaxy S is official. It's called the Epic 4G.

http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=6218

Sprint and Samsung today announced the Sprint variant of the Galaxy S Android phone from Samsung, the Epic 4G. The Epic 4G is the second phone to be launched by Sprint with WiMax on board. The Epic 4G supports Sprint's EVDO 3G network as well as 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, GPS and a six-axis motion sensor. The Epic 4G includes a slide-out QWERTY keyboard for messaging, Samsung's 1GHz Hummingbird processor, and a 4-inch Super AMOLED display. Other features include a 5 megapixel camera with autofocus, flash and 720p HD video capture. The Epic has a VGA user-facing camera, too. It can support microSD cards up to 32GB, but will be boxed with a 16GB card. It will ship with Android 2.1, along with Qik video software, Samsung's AllShare and Social Hub social networking software, DLNA support, and Sprint services such as NASCAR, NFL Mobile and hotspot sharing for up to five devices. Pricing and availability will be announced in the coming months.

It doesn't look like this is the rumored M910 which is slated to replace the Moment. That phone is looking like it will be called the "Samsung Intecept" from what I've been able to research on it. The M910 was scheduled on a leaked Sprint manifest to be released on July 11th. If this is still the case, we should be seeing details coming forth on this phone very soon.

Message was edited by: CyberJTH

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Samung Galaxy S Epic 4G Announced (Is this the M910??)

http://now.sprint.com/epic4g/?ECID=vanity:epic4g

Beautiful phone, great specs...

Sprint should still think about getting the Nexus 1, but I'm glad the Galaxy S...eerrrr Epic 4g will be heading to Sprint....

Journeyman

Re: Samung Galaxy S Epic 4G Announced (Is this the M910??)

I  am excited to see either the s or pro.  Want to see how good the screen looks and price.

Journeyman

Re: Samung Galaxy S Epic 4G Announced (Due this Fall/Winter)

No the epic 4g and the m910 samsung moment 2 aka the intercept are two different phones. The intercept will be launching in 2 different colors, black with silver and pink. I'm not sure exactly what  model number the epic is.

http://www.mobilemag.com/2010/06/29/first-look-samsung-intercept-android-2-1-phone-for-sprint/

Wizard

Re: Samung Galaxy S Epic 4G Announced

agree, some are also hoping that the epic is a world phone, me included.  i've read later summer, so hoping that's true.  fall is too far away.

come on sprint, release date and pricing, please. 

Journeyman

Since I need to swap out my recently purchased Moment before my 30 days runs out and I'm locked into contract, I'm hoping that the Intercept will be at the Sprint store in time.

Journeyman

I believe that sprint has a thing were if u take the phone back within 30 days u can also reverse the contract. I'm not sure though. It may have been like a limited time offer that expired.

Journeyman

I'm am new Sprint customer so I only have a small window left if I wish to stay with them and lock in phone. So far I've been pleased the service and don't really desire to move back to my former carrier, Verizon, or even to AT&T (left them for Verizon a few years back).

More Videos Can be seen Here http://www.youtube.com/mobileburn

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat