cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Stays on After Charging -- Is this Normal?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Screen Stays on After Charging -- Is this Normal?

I just bought a Samsung Moment and I found that when I charge it and it's done charging, it lights up and stays lit up until I turn the screen off or unplug it from the charger.  A bit annoying, since I usually charge at night and it lights up the room.  I contacted support by e-mail to see if there's a way to change this, and was told there must be something wrong with the phone or battery, and to take it to a store for them to test and fix it.  Before I take it in (since they'll probably wipe it or give me a new one and I'll spend a whole day reinstalling, reconfiguring, and reloading things), I thought I'd ask if this is really a problem or if they all do this.  Can anybody enlighten me?

By the way, I do have screen timeout configured and it works fine except for this situation.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Screen Stays on After Charging -- Is this Normal?

Check for this setting:

Settings -> Applications -> Development

There is a setting calls Stay Awake which will keep the screen on when plugged in.  Uncheck the box.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sounds like another OS quirk... reset it back to factory and see if it fixes it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Check for this setting:

Settings -> Applications -> Development

There is a setting calls Stay Awake which will keep the screen on when plugged in.  Uncheck the box.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

We have 3 Intercepts and they all 3 do this same thing.  The "Stay awake, screen will never sleep while charging" feature is NOT CHECKED.  This is a universal design flaw, there is nothing 'wrong' with your specific phone.  See my posting titled "The Intercept screen lights up all night long after charging and doesn't turn off".

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not universal.  When I have my Moment's Screen Timeout set to "Never timeout" it will turn on and stay on when it finishes charging.  I normally keep it set to "1 minute" and while it does turn on after charging, it shuts off again after 1 minute.

I charge it on my bedside table, and yes, it's bright, even though I usually heep it at 15% brightness.  The times I've forgotten and had it on "Never timeout" I've woken up in the middle of the night to a bright room and immediately known what I did...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat