cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SkyFire for Android Beta in the wild!

Journeyman

SkyFire for Android Beta in the wild!

tI downloaded a copy, we will see if SkyFire keeps the proxy's up, last time this happened on BlackBerry, they shut it down, cold. Im running 2.1 on the Moment.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

#WelcomeToTheNowNetwork
Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Patron

Re: SkyFire for Android Beta in the wild!

Hey how is 2.1 on the Moment? Is it leaps and bounds better than the 1.5 like everybody hopes it is?

Journeyman

Hi Dalton, thanks for the question. Sadly, 2.1 is NOT the cure all we would have hoped or liked. For ALL the people whining on this site about it not being out, umm, theres a REALLY good reason it isnt. Its just not ready.

Looks like Samsung rushed out their own hardware that doesn't jive well with Android and of course Samsung doesnt enjoy the close relationship that HTC does have with Google.

The phones battery life is worse, NO live wallpapers, NO new gallery (fail), NO new 2.1 News & Weather Widgets. The phone still has MAJOR delays & sluggish performance, ESPECIALLY in the phone dialer. Its bad. So bad every time I have to manually dial a number I wanna throw the phone across the room. Also, the voice integration sucks, meaning, the text to speech feature is a total FAIL. Now, I've owned a DROID and voice to text works great on that. Its clear the microphone, processor and overall integration of substandard parts has killed this phone.

My advice: keep CL14, pimp the phone out as best you can and be happy with an average phone. This phone just shows how far behind it is when using 2.1 compared to other more modern phones.

PS: Skyfire also sucks, you can NOT stream Hulu or otehr Flash content. Fail.

#WelcomeToTheNowNetwork
Highlighted
Journeyman

I too am running 2.1 on my Moment and like it more than 1.5. Well, it's the 2.1 DD10 SDX mod. My phone is no slower than before, with some programs seeming faster. I do also have live wallpaper capability, however, choose not to run it. It was cool at first, but, ya know. Recommend the mod. Battery life still average.

Message was edited by: robertharford

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat