cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slooooow performance

Journeyman

Slooooow performance

My Samsung Moment is really slow....web browsing is uglier than Nancy Pelosi.  Android 2.1....old OS may be part of the problem.  Is there a way to cleanup and defrag my phone....other than uninstalling apps I don't need?

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Slooooow performance

I'm so dissatisfied with Sprint I've decided after the first of the year I'm going to suck up the 410 early termination fee and switch to Verizon.  Unlimited data is pretty much useless if you can't use it.  I get .5mb/s on 3g, and even though I live in the Charlotte NC/Rock Hill SC area, I can't get 4G at all.  But I still have to pay 10.00 a month for it.  Taken together, it doesn't seem Verizon is all that more expensive.  I'm just tired of it.  I'vee been with Sprint since 2000.  And this year, they took away some of the advantages of being a long term customer.  Clearly my business isn't all that important to them.

Journeyman

Re: Slooooow performance

I noticed that my phone showed about 20Mb free storage when it was acting particularly sluggish as a phone, but also in other operations.  I got rid of every app I didn't use, plus Pandora because it really seemed to be using up lots of memory and CPU even when I hadn't used it in a while.  I now also go into Settings / Applications / Manage Applications regularly and clear the cache of any programs that have it.  (After a while, you learn that there are only a few to worry about.) However, the default browser doesn't show up there, so you have to open it and go into its own settings and clear cache, history and cookies.

After doing all that, my phone shows over 60Mb free and flies, compared to before.  And just to be sure, I power it off and on every night, too.  It's been like a new phone.  The only problem is that the GPS still isn't reliable at locating satellites, but as a phone and web browser it's 100% better than it had been.  And in five months I can at least get a discount on a different phone if I want to re-up for two more years.  Still haven't decided...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat