cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So irratated with sprint... hate samsung moment...

Highlighted
Journeyman

So irratated with sprint... hate samsung moment...

Ok is it me or is everyone have soo many problems with sprint and their moment's?

I'm on my second moment and now its been a month that i've had the second phone and I'm having sooooooo many problems with it. Sprint doesn't even want to replace the phone again. They are making me sooo mad that I just wanna scream. My phone turns off randomly even when i'm on the phone with someone and even when the battery is fully charged too. Thats not all. Now new problems: As of last night my calls get sent directly to voicemall and my phone is on and in service range too. When people call me I dont even see that someone is calling it just goes to voicemall. Then the newest issue my phone freezes up when I try to call someone....I've even gone and rebooted the phone that didn't work. I also did the steps to set it back to manufacture's default.

UGH someone please give me some advice if possible. I'm sooo sick of the Moment that I can't believe its only been 6 months that I've had the phone. I just wish i could get a new phone and be done with this but I have to wait until April to get a new phone again...

Tags (2)
26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: So irratated with sprint... hate samsung moment...

You are not alone . . . the vast majority of Moment owners are having similar problems including data lockups, loss of GPS function, loss of 911 capability when experiencing data lockup, slide lock randomly disappearing, etc.  We have all complained onto the deaf ears of Sprint.  Everyone you talk to in customer service, elevated customer service, supervisors, supervisor's supervisors, tech, advanced tech, retentions, multiple device services, etc all give a different response and different offers to resolve your dilemma.  I have been offered a Blackberry Tour (for free), a $100 credit towards a new phone (purchased at full retail price, of course), and just plain ignored.  I have spent hours on the phone and countless emails back and forth, with no resolution.  Sprint and Samsung know they have a monkey on their back with the Moment.  People are offered Intercepts and Heros for replacements, but they are all considerable downgrades in hardware.  The only comparable phone (spec wise) to a Moment is the Transform.  I have seen on SDX Forums where some customers have had their Moment's replaced (quietly) with a Transform but Customer Service will deny that EVER happens.  Only the upper, upper echelons of the food chain can authorize a Transform for a Moment and most of us will never be passed high enough up the chain to enjoy that swap.  We all feel your pain!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Right now I'll be glad to take a Hero or an Intercept but I never get offered any of these phones as a replacement phone. They keep telling me on the phone that there is nothing wrong and they can't do anything to fix it. I have the insurance on my account and they tell me all the time its going to cost $100 each time they replace it. But when I happened to stop at a Sprint store they replaced the phone for free. I just want a phone that works like everyone else. I'm chosing phones based upon my needs because I am visually impaired. When I bought this phone it was the best phone that I could see decent with. Now I'm experiencing even more problems such as the phone keeps turning off even during a phone call and then now the port on the phone for charging doesn't fully charge the moment at all. I want a new phone but not ready to pay $500 for one that I can get for $150-$200 in April of 2011. I am just really ticked off at Sprint with this. I'm going to try and call them back first thing tomorrow morning and ready to spend an hour or more on the phone with them and will probably get no where but its worth a shot. I'm just fed up right now.

Highlighted
Wizard

I've had the Moment for over a year, well, make that 5 Moments.  I've had a number of issues.

Now I have upgraded to the LG Optimus.  With the Moment being so laggy at 800 Mhz, I was concerned about going down to a 600 Mhz phone.  However, the Optimus has all the same programs installed, and is severely outperforming my old Moment.  It's not even close.  Also, it has been operating flawlessly!  This is such a wonderful phone, I can't stop talking about it.  The dual core 600 Mhz processor is extremely responsive.  If you think you need a 1 Ghz processor, I recommend you try out the LG Optimus first.  It will meet your speed needs without the $10 awesome fee.  You will be sooo relieved to have an operational phone!  I am extremely happy with my choice.  I'm also glad that I did not go for the Transform.  The Optimus JUST WORKS, PERIOD!

Highlighted
Journeyman

so you were concerned about going from a single core 800mhz proc to a dual core 600mhz? It should be outperforming the moment as it has a better proc.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok there is alot of false information on here so let me clear some things up. If u have insurance and take it in for a replacement they will not charge u a dime u will just get a refurb moment and if the store does not have a refurb they will offer the hero. Also this phone is discontinued it is no longer sold any where.

Also the optimus s is not a bad phone but it only has a 600mhz application proc so things like flash are not gonna work its still a good phone though

Message was edited by: BARKER005

Highlighted
Wizard

Prior to purchasing the phone, all the resources I checked showed "600 Mhz Processor".  Sprint also stated the same thing.  After owning the phone and seeing it perform, I just had to do more research why it was better.  That's when I discovered that it's a dual core processor.  So, yes, at the time of purchase, I was concerned about going from 800 Mhz to 600 Mhz, but it's the best phone I've ever had.

Highlighted
Journeyman

its not that they will sell me a new moment. its Sprint's way of trying to pull some fast ones on me. I know Sprint is not supposed to charge anything because Ive had to replace a phone before and they sent me a replacement phone when I called them on the phone. I dont have to go to the store for them to do it. When I went to the store they did'nt give me a refurb phone right then and there they sent off for a refurb phone and I had to go pick it up from them. I call them constantly and I get no where. Now today I have to try and call them again because I have a new prob and now I have to deal with the frustration again.

edit: I called Sprint and they told me the same thing. Go to the Sprint store and have them look at it because its a hardware problem and they will order another refurb phone... ugh.. I'm seriously going to file a complaint against them with the FCC soon if they dont get their acts together.

Edit Edit: I went to the Sprint store and now they told me they could not find nothing wrong with my phone... ughhh the run around. I'm irratated to no end right now and I'm just upset. I can't get anywhere with them.

Message was edited by: SWEETTYANGEL

Highlighted
Journeyman

WHAT EVER YOU DO. DO NOT GET THE HTC HERO! ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE TIRED OF PROBLEMS! I Got my first HTC Hero since all The Palm Pres (Somewhere close to 6- 10 in 2 months) were broken and then after a long battle and HORRIBLE experience with all of SPRINT (but the lady in cancellations) and I did NOT even make it out of the parking lot before the first one was broken. Then I took it back to them 2 days later because I decided I would reset it and make sure it was all updated which even with all that DID NOT fix it.  When I take the phone in the "Technician" kept telling me its my fault and I downloaded Apps that caused the problems even after every time I told him it stopped working when i walked out the door and got in my car.  I told him multiple times it WAS NOT the apps and it OBVIOUSLY was NOT.  After I visited ANOTHER Sprint Store that told me it was messed up and the corporate store should replace it because there is nothing no one can do I still had to get a hold of Cancellations and almost cancel my service to get a replacement.  I finally got my Replacement and 1 month later.. GUESS WHAT... Phone does not type when trying to text, freezes, randomly shuts off all the time, resets every few days- to every other week, shuts off during calls, does not receive calls sometimes, sometimes shuts off and u have to try forever to get it back on, screen spazzes... i can go on so whatever you do.. DO NOT GET THE HTC HERO if you want to avoid problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone ANYWHERE received a replacement for their Moment that is NOT  a DOWNGRADE?  I put a lot of time into picking out my phone.  It had to have a slide out keyboard and a flash...and I PAID MORE for these features.  Why in the world would Sprint consider a Hero an acceptable replacement when it is obviously a downgraded device???   I hate regulation as much as the next person,  but how can Sprint hold me LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE for cancelling my contract when the contract was for a phone I cannot use?   I wouldn't have signed a 2 year contract for a hero...if I wanted a phone like that I would have signed up with MetroPCS and saved a S*** load of money each month with NO contract at all.  I have replaced my phone twice and reset it 4 times. I have spent countless days and hours wasted on trying to get this phone to work properly, and now I have a phone that has not worked for over a week.  If Sprint cares about their customers at all, they will man up and replace this phone with an equivalent device...because it is not their customers FAULT that SPRINT promoted a defective phone. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am not an angry person.  But the Samsung Moment fills me with rage.  I dream of throwing it against the wall, of running it over with my car, over, and over, and over....  but then where would I be?  Nowhere souther than I am now, as my husband may contend, who asked me the other day why I even HAVE a phone, as mine really just doesn't.....work.  There are times that I turn it on, and it takes HOURS to boot up-going through the process over and over, ultimately unsuccessful in each attempt.  The screen has a poor lock on it during phone calls, and my cheek inadvertently turns on my music player, and "She Blinded Me With Science" will come on in the middle of an important phone call.  Really??  I dread recieving a phone call.  If I am in the middle of something when I recieve it, or I miss the call, my phone is rendered useless and frozen for at least 10 minutes afterwards.  I had to ultimately remove my case cover (which was oh so cute) from my phone, as I needed easier access to the battery for removal to reboot the system time and again.  Process system never boots right, and opts a force close.  Market opts for force close.  Messaging opts for forced close.  Everything does.  Some could argue that the phone has too many apps....I would hardly dub my collection as too many.  And as it is, isn't that the PURPOSE of a phone like this?  Apps?  So if you can't use them, or have them.....why do I have this phone?  It is many things, but it is a terrible phone for making and recieving calls.  So-I can't play with apps, I can't make or recieve phone calls.....why DO I even have a phone???  I have yet to approach Sprint regarding the issue (I am only 5 months into my contract) but I am reading the threads regarding Moment reviews, and thinking how fair is it to pony up $100 deductible for a substandard phone?  I don't want a refurbished Moment (that is just what some other jerk like me sent into Sprint after probably throwing it against the wall, lucky buggar) I just want something that works.  And I am sure that upon inspection that there will not be anything technically WRONG with my phone....it just sucks a**.  So, I would just like to thank Sprint for their support in this matter, on behalf of all of us, in showing themselves as not the usually consumer friendly outfit I always believed them to be, but just another SUBSTANDARD company hell bent on multiplying their millions by way of screwing the public over.....knowingly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I feel your pain. The good news is that you can no longer get a Moment replaced with a Moment.  Apparently this model, like the intercept, has finally been relegated to the defective phone dustbin.  The bad news is that they actually expect their customers to accept the HTC Hero as a suitable replacement simply because they have not one current model like the moment that is not BRAND NEW, and the last thing they will ever EVER do is replace a phone with a NEW phone (instead of a refurb model).  And as you probably know already, the HTC Hero has no slide out keyboard, no camera flash, and has a slower processor, and therefore represents a SUBSTANTIAL DOWNGRADE to the model you previously selected and signed a contract to use.  If you have been looking at their current models, you probably already know that the Transform and the Epic are the only devices that are comparable with the Moment.

Now what you have to do is DECIDE that because you have already paid a substantial amount for a phone that you selected, and that because your device is still under warrantee (not even 6 months old), and that as a customer, you you EXPECT to only make monthly payments on a phone you actually WANT and LIKE.  After that, you will not accept anything except a new phone.  But of course there will always be a compromise to keep it reasonable and more of a win-win for both yourself and Sprint.  Win for you - you get a new phone...win for them, they keep a customer. 

After slogging through several postings here at Sprint, I discovered I am not alone, and I also discovered I didn't have to just accept the crap they were feeding me.  But I made sure that I would keep my temper and always talk to Sprint like it was in there best interest to keep me happy...and it was amazing...THEY AGREED WITH ME. 

I can attest that I am one of the few at this time who had a satisfactory resolution to my crappy phone issues, but it was not without a compromise.  I had my Moment for 6 months.  I wanted a Transform.  Keith, a manager at Retentions was very resonable and professional, and even called me back with a great solution that I could live with.  He agreed to roll my upgrade date by 7 months.  He said that upon signing a new contract, I could get into any phone I wanted at the new contract discount rate.  Currently that meant only $50 out of my pocket for a brand new phone.  He also told me that if I went to Best Buy or Radio Shack, I could get the discounted rate with an instant rebate, and that I wouldn't have to go thru the 8 week waiting period for my refund, which all Sprint Stores are OBLIGATED to participate in.  How nice! 

I went to Best Buy, they had it in stock, I paid $50 and was on my way in about an hour.  Considering that my Moment was almost BRICKED at that time and would not even show a home screen, it was nice to finally have a phone that was more than just a paperweight.  And if I want...I can go to Radio Shack with my Moment and they will give me $55 for it.    Net $5 profit for my troubles.  But better than a poke in the eye and the headache of having a crappy phone.   I will say a prayer that the transform will be a better fit and since it was created later than the Moment and should have some of the learning curve worked out of it. 

If this is an acceptable solution for you, I must advise that you Do NOT go through Customer Care, because "Customer Care" is a stalling tactic and runaround that only newbies actually call.   You need to get in contact with Retentions. Once you reach this department (and for them there is no voicemail prompts an actual live person will answer after 2 or 3 rings...it is startlingly simple almost luxurious!! ), they will ask for your number and pass code as usual.  Give it the first person you talk to.  When they ask you for the reason you are calling very calmly say "I need to speak to a manager please".  Do not accept any excuses, and do not waste time giving any details to the first person who answers.  When a manager comes on, you will be able to tell because they are actually informed and are usually well spoken (which is rare at sprint so you will immediately note the difference). 

Make sure you have your problems detailed.  It helps if they have already replaced your phone at least once.  Tell them about how many times you have had to factory reset your phone and about how much time you WASTED each time you did this. 

There are a couple of ways to get the number, here is a link that will give you a couple of paths to this.  Please bookmark them now, because Sprint will probably delete this post. 

http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/northeastern-us-wireless-forum/41530-sprint-pcs-retention-dept-dir...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat