cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So irratated with sprint... hate samsung moment...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: So irratated with sprint... hate samsung moment...

you are not alone. i am also on my second moment phone and so is my husband. i'm so irratated. i have been a sprint customer for many years and this is honestly the first time i have been dissatisfied. i spent many hours researching phones prior to buying the moment. i am just discusted. i am also dissatisfied with the lack of professionalism when i have gone to the store to deal with these problems. my moment randomly pushes buttons, mute and sometimes put people on speaker phone during my calls. it randomly hangs up on people and now i cant get the phone to charge when it is clearly plugged in. there is some sort of problem with the adaptor so the phone will not charge at all. Go figure! i am tired of the inconvience to my going out of my way to drive to the sprint store, wait in long line or call and be put on hold for ever just to hear them say "yes we know people are having problems with their moments". well here's a thought sprint  back up the product you sell !!!!!

good luck to you and all of the other moment owners

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok Folks I have been reading thru your post and I also own 2 samsung moments yes I said 2. And I want to also let you I was one of the first people to get the first android phone the G1 and I have been studying these phones and the Android system. With the moment the data lock issue is bad but if you root your phone there are ways to make it a little better . Also a  couple tips you must make sure you have all the updates on your phone if you have a moment goto settings menu scroll to the bottom and goto about phone you should see something that says thats Based Band version dj07 if you dont then you will have a lot of problems . It should have been a over the air update . If you need help goto SDX developers or goto my website www.droidmasters.blogspot.com

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did go to system about phone and mine says

Baseband Version S:M900.8.0S.DI06 not DJ07 your post is from Augsut and it is now Jan is mine current we have 4 of use with Moments form Hell my daughter has had 3 possessed ones her phone literally does what it wants to takes pictures calls people, etc locks up won't turn on doesn't get texts or phone calls, my husband and I have same issues with texts, and calls the phone lights up but doesn't ring so if your not looking at it you don't know you have a call and it is not on silent or vibrate volume it turned up all the way. We started having issues 1st month in and have had several replacement to the point it is more a pain to get replaced and have to put crap all back in it all to find it is just as bad as the last one replaced. Some days phone won't turn on for hours and is charged! won't keep charge even though we have conditioned batteries the right way.

you push one thing it completley ignores you and opens a different app like I will want to call husband and will click on his phone icon in called area and it will call someone else I didn't ask to call, we have missed very improtant things because of our phones not letting us click on things to make calls and or would not let us text it is frozen it is not the apts we have taken all aps out still messed up. Why should we pay for crap! I last went in they offered me the Hero I told them where they could take there Heros I don't want a down grade excuse me I want my keyboard I paid for I want my cameara and features I paid for thank you now give me a phone with same value or let me renew all and start new contract and get new phones early we haven't even hit the year mark of our two year contract I am disgusted with Sprint Moment phone. My oldest complains all the time his phone won't work and worth crap. I won't be dealing with customer service either

Highlighted
Journeyman

Keep taking the Moment into the Sprint store and calling Customer Service for replacements. If they say no, go to the next Sprint store, or call and get the next Rep. Keep doing so until they let you replace it with a phone that isn't terrible. When they do, switch to the HTC Evo Shift 4G.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/android_phones/htc_ev...

I had a Moment for a little over a year and it's an awful, broken phone, and Samsung just is not bothering to fix it. Get away from Samsung and over to HTC. I recently filed a bug report with HTC on the only issue I could find with the phone, and they replied in less than 24 hours. Such a big difference in how they treat their customers. The HTC Evo Shift 4G is a much better phone compared, but most importantly, everything on it actually freaking works. Multitouch enabled, GPS locks and stays locked, the compass is accurate and actually functions, and it lasts more than 24 hours on a charge. The QWERTY keyboard requires you to hold Fn to type numbers, which is too bad - I loved the design of the Moment keyboard - but I'm much happier with it.

FYI, Avoid the Samsung Epic 4G. It's the same Samsung problem, just a different set of bugs that they won't bother to fix.

Sprint: You should really help customers switch away early from the Samsung Moment. It's just angering customers and making them hate being on Sprint. It's probably the cause of a lot of lost customers, early termination fees or no.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes.....Everyone stay AWAY from Samsung. They are putting crappy modems in their phones which is causing the Data Locup in the RIL and the only way around this is to put Samsung devices on EVDO 0 . Even Nexus S is locking up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i feel like throwing my MOMENT off the empire state building!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh I hear you...  I am on my 5th replacement since Oct 2010...  each replacement is worse than the last....  this one started acting up the moment i left the store...

Highlighted
Journeyman

As far as Moment replacements go , Sprint is actually giving everyone Refurbished Moments b/c they are too lazy to upgrade us to a different phone just to save them money . You have to jump through so many hoops to even get the Transform ( which is THE ONLY COMAPRABLE replacement to the Moment ) ; however , Sprint will deny this and offer you and Intercept or a Hero. I'm upgrading to Epic or EVO in week anyway.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID....IT FEELS LIKE I AM READING MY STORY. THEY HAVE OFFERED ME BLACKBERRY TOUR IN PLACE OF MY MOMENT, BUT IT 30 DOLLARS ONLINE WITH AN UPGRADE. THE SAMSUNG MOMENT IS USELESS. SO FAR, I AM ON MY SECOND MOMENT (THEY WANT ME TO FILE ANOTHER CLAIM TO GET A THIRD ONE...NOT HAPPENING) AND THE ISSUES I WAS HAVING WITH THE FIRST PHONE ARE EVEN WORSE ON THIS PHONE. IT TAKES AT LEAST 20 MINUTES FOR MY PHONE TO COME BACK ON ONCE I HAVE TURNED IT OFF (ONE TIME IT TOOK UP TO AN HOUR TO COME BACK ON), A LOT OF FORCE CLOSE ISSUES WITH ANY APP THAT IS DOWNLOADED ON THE PHONE. AT ONE POINT, I COULD NOT ANSWER ANY INCOMING CALLS ON THE PHONE. ITS RIDICULOUS, I WISH I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN THIS PHONE AND CONSIDERING PORTING MY NUMBERS TO VERIZON. I WORK FOR THEM, SO I CAN GET A DISCOUNT. I HAVE BEEN A SPRINT CUSTOMER FOR 12 YEARS AND HAVE SINCE WORKED AT AT&T AS WELL AND COULD HAVE EASILY TRANSFERRED MY SERVICE TO EITHER CARRIER, BUT BEING A LOYAL CUSTOMER HAS GOTTEN ME NO WHERE. SMH..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Completely agree the MOMENT is a waste. They know it too they quit making it.  So why won't they replace the ones that people purchased with something that actually works.  I have had mine less than a year and had all the same problems all of you have mentioned!  Navigation doesn't work. Phone lags. I have had a manditory upgrade for the voicemail for over 2 weeks now and every time I try to install it I get an error message.  It says try again but of course it doesn't work.  I hate this phone! My son has one too and he has the exact same issues.  We've called customer service they tell us to take them to the store. They work on it with updates, blah, blah, blah and it works for a MOMENT!!!  Then same ridiculous issues!  SPRINT I'm over it! Between the issues with the phone and the nonsense about getting my text message records (listed under another post) I'm leaving as soon as my contract is up and taking all 7 lines with me!!!!

Sprint you are going to have to do a heck of a lot to make things right! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ummm yeah i dont know what most of you are talking about. Sprint has acknowledged the problem and implemented a trade in program months ago. You can trade a moment in, no questions asked for a hero or a intercept completely free. I have even seen some people that have a long track record of probs and refurbs get a transform free also. So why are u people not trading in your phones?

Also sprint has not and will not give out anymore refurbs of moments. So you people getting refurbs are either lieing or going to a third party reseller who is not following sprints policy on this. Please stop the crying and trade your phone in. I have even heard and seen with my own eyes people getting evo's and shifts  with heavy discounts( not free since they are so much better and advanced but pretty cheap). If u call sprint and get a rep who does not know about the trade in program tell them to trasfer u to advanced tech support. If u go to a sprint store and they act like they dont know ask for a manager. So there is no reason why anyone with a defective moment still has one.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ummm, yeah, I still have a defective Moment and was not notified via email, phone, or any other way communication is communicated regarding any type of trade in program. I was told to file an insurance claim to get a refurbished Moment back in December 2010. So you do not know what you are talking about.

Thank you for contacting Sprint.  I apologize for the inconvenience due
to a faulty handset and understand that you would like to exchange it
with another phone.

Sprint offers one year Manufacturer Warranty against any manufacturing
defect under which the phones can be replaced with the same phone model.

The Total Equipment Protection Program has been added to your account.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to exchange the Samsung Moment with
another handset under Insurance.

You can get a refurbished handset by calling Asurion at 1-800-584-3666.
There is $50.00/$100.00 charge for getting refurbished phone through
Asurion.

I can apply a credit against the phone replacement charge of Asurion.
Once you get the handset from Asurion, please write to us and we will
apply the credit against the handset charge.

Then this is the response after I received another faulty moment:

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that you want the credit for the refurbhished phone. So I
have applied the credit of $100.00 on your account.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your
questions. Please reply to this email or visit sprint.com if we can be
of assistance.

Sincerely,
Kath S
Sprint

Message was edited by: TEW4383

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat