cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software updates coming next month for Droid and Droid Eris Already

Highlighted
Journeyman

Software updates coming next month for Droid and Droid Eris Already

Only a week out and it looke like there gonna get a update come on Sprint and Samsung !!

http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-research/blog/software-updates-coming-next-month-for-droid-and-dr...

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, and correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Eris run on HTC's sense UI just like my hero? I wonder if verizon's customers are getting the whole " we have to format 2.0 for sense UI" line we've been getting? Really makes me scratch my head and wonder.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok guys don't get all worried - The Droid and Eris run different versions of Android. 2.0 for Droid, and 1.5 (Like us) for the Eris. Verizon is stating fixes for BOTH via OTA (over the air). Therefore, this will not be an update for the Eris to 2.0 like you assume, this is just a firmware patch to correct numerous issues with both of their devices - not an OS update.

FWIW - OS updates are supposivly not going to be done over the air - hence my response.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Software updates, OS upgrades- I don't care. I just want the list of issues with my phone to be made smaller without having to use a host of 3rd party apps to circumvent them. If Samsung could patch 1.5 with a promise to upgrade to 2.0 later, that'd work too. I'd rather a straight upgrade, but something is better than nothing.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat