cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Problems With My Samsung Moment

Highlighted
Journeyman

Some Problems With My Samsung Moment

Ok so I got this phone, and it was cool at first. Then I went to plug in my headphones and the notification tone that I had picked started [playing. As this was a tone that I had created and had originally intended be used for texts or calls, it played for a good 30 seconds. This happens everytime that I plug headphones in and also everytime that I unplug them!!! It's so frustrating. Is there any way to disable the notification you receive from plugging it in?

Also, is there anyway to adjust how long the keypad stays lit? When I am typing, and since I am still new to the phone, if I can't find where the question mark or something else like that within about 5 seconds, the lights go off. Same for the home/back/menu buttons.

Also, before I got this phone I had a Hero. It had widgets to turn on/off mobile data, wi-fi, GPS, etc. Does the moment have any of these? The Hero had a much more comprehensive list of widgets as well as options that you could choose when you held down the power button. Like vibrate mode for instance, any ideas??

Thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Some Problems With My Samsung Moment

As noted in the Samsung board, I too am having the headphone issue. Except, the notification sounds only when removing the headphones/aux plug. As for the other issues, I know that there are several apps that you can download to provide you with the shortcut widgets you are looking for (many are free).

Message was edited by: RadioShackMomentOwner

Journeyman

actually, now that I take a second look, it is only happening when I unplug it. Same as you. At first I thought it was what I plugged it in as well but that's not the case. Is this something they could fix in a software update?

Journeyman

I think this can be fixed with software.  Rather or not it will actually be depends on how many people are having the problem and complaining about it.  Out of curosity, have either of you contacted Samsung about this issue to see if they might already have a fix for this?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat