cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Cup Mobile not working properly on Samsung Moment

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Cup Mobile not working properly on Samsung Moment

For anyone that uses the Sprint Cup Mobile app on the Samsung Moment, has anyone else having any problems with it? I don’t have the CJ14 update, still using CJ05. But, I’ve used it on my Moment before and it worked fine. But now when I go into the program, the only things I can do is stop or start the Race audio. Anything else I click on, doesn’t work, and a box pops up that says “Runtime exception. Should never happen java.lang.NullPointerException”.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, me too. Consensus is that it is a Sprint problem. Tried to get an answer from Sprint -- but to no avail.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having similar problem--tried to load and then gives an error message that the connection was lost---anyone else having this problem or did you get yours fixed?

I called Sprint and they suggested doing a complete reboot on the operating system of my phone. I have to call back to do that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My NASCAR program is working for me, now.  I went into the program a few days ago to see if it was working yet or not, and it prompted me to download an update.  I did that, and now it works fine.  The only thing that was weird is that when I first noticed that it wasn’t working, the layout of the program was different than when I first opened the program when I originally got the phone back in December.  And when I download the update, nothing changed as far as I can tell, at least visually.  So I’m thinking that somehow the program updated, but it wasn’t supposed to and that’s why nothing worked.  I don’t know if that’s the case or not.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You need to update the software. I had the same issue. Worked fine till a week or so before the season started then when Nascar started I went to the app and saw it was new and it wouldn't work. Sprint updated Nascar mobile but you need the system upgrade for it to work.

Now for the problem. On 2/15/2010 I took it to the service center for the upgrade.Took the center a few weeks to get the program loaded right in their computer. Seems most service centes in my area were having an issue with getting the softare in their systems cause I called all the centers around.

They started the upgrade on phone and my phone crashed. They told me12% of the moments with an early verson of the software are crashing. Lucky me mine was one of them. Can't fix phone, it is garbage after attempted upgrade. Was told they had to get me another phone and it would be refurbished. I was not happy about that cause I brought them a new phone with nothing wrong with it other then needed and upgrade so I could use the Nascar mobile. I call Sprint next day and was told that I had to take the refurbished and that was the way it is. I pick up refurbished phone two days later and still am not happy. They do the upgrade on it and I leave still disgusted about phone, I barely touch it that night cause i can't stand to even look at it now. The next day I needed to use it. I notice the battery is staying full and the internet won't work nor any other apps, I remove battery and reinstall it, then it works and shows battery is low like it should have before I removed the battery. I call Sprint cause now I really am not happy with this replacement phone. I thought it was bad enough that the phone was refurbished, was I shocked and really disgusted when the supervisor informed me that my phone was not refurbished, It was a 30 day return phone. Someone used it and returned it within the 30 day trial period. Now I am really HOT!!  I told her it was not acceptable and that they need to send me a brand new in the box phone and I will not accept anything less.So now I am waiting for an answer from management about the phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat