cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Network and Samsung Moment

Journeyman

Sprint Network and Samsung Moment

I am new to the Sprint Forum but I am trying to find out why I cannot use the Sprint Network with my Moment.  In example: if I am driving, I cannot use Sprint Navigation or any other features that require an internet connection. If I try to visit the Android Market, it says "a network error has occurred...".  Anyone has any suggestions?  I tried to chat with a representative but the chat team has been unavailable.  Also, I do not have a Sprint store in my town.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Network and Samsung Moment

The first thing that I would do, is go to Settings, About Phone, and verify that you are running Android 2.1 and if you are not, download the 2.1 updater from HERE and update your phone.

Now, if you are already running 2.1 on your phone, and you are still getting this error, try performing a factory data reset. I had this same issue, and doing a data reset cleared it up for me. When you update your phone to 2.1, you shouldn't need to do this, as it is installing a new OS on the phone.

Journeyman

Thanks for responding.  Unfortunately I tried but this did not help.

Master

If you have an available data connection it will show an EV symbol on the status bar at the top next to the  signal bars. If that is not there then you don't have a data connection available.

The first step that fixes it most of the time is to go to Settings > Phone Info > Update Phone > Update Profile. This will update all of the data settings on the phone. You my also want to restart the phone afterwards, most of the time it is not required though.

If that doesn't work  or it gives you an error message of some kind then it could be a more complex issue, and may require wiping the data settings first. This requires either taking it into s tore or having Technical Support walk you through it.

Performing a full erase of the device and wiping everything on it clean would also fix it. Contacts and Calendar are saved with your Gmail account automatically, and your pics/vids/music are stored on the SD card which you want to remove. But you would lose all other information such as settings and homescreen icons, applications you have downloaded from the Market (Paid apps will show up again to download in the Downloads tab in the Market) on the device.

It could be a hardware issue with the phone, but it is much more likely a software issue.

Journeyman

Thank you for responding.  A combination of things resolved the problem.  Initially, I was receiving an error message each time I attempted to update.  So, I did a reset and upon the advice of a Sprint Rep, I took the battery out for a few minutes.  Then, I attempted to update my profile.  Finally, I see the EV symbol and my phone is working properly. Thanks again.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat