cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch outlook calendar and the samsung moment

Highlighted
Journeyman

Synch outlook calendar and the samsung moment

Has anyone been successful synching the outlook calendar with the Samsung Moment w/o using Moxier?  I would prefer to not have to purchase another application software just to synch.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Synch outlook calendar and the samsung moment

Yes, but it is a somewhat laborious process, because Samsung (shamefully) is not offering a program that effortlessly lets you sync Moment contacts and calendars with the contacts and calendar on your personal computer -- as BlackBerry and virtually every other smart phone manufacturer does.

The workaround I found was to set up a Gmail calendar and use its syncing program to sync it up with your Outlook calendar. Then, if you set it all up the right way, the Gmail calendar (now synched with your Outlook calendar) will in turn sync with the Moment's calendar.

That is, you are using the Gmail calendar as an intermediary between your Outlook calendar and your Moment calendar.

Go to your Gmail account, click on calendar, and be sure to invoke the Sync program you can find in the top right corner of the Gmail calendar.

Journeyman

Thanks for the insight.  This was exactly what I was looking for.

Journeyman

My pleasure, though in truth and as I recently posted, I gave up on the Moment this past weekend (and during the 30-day return period) and exchanged it for a new BlackBerry Tour. I just grew weary trying the make the thing do what it should have been doing naturally.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/25914?tstart=0

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat