I'm just going to make a list about the things that have happened. I haven't noticed any improvement, just things that are going wrong with my phone since. Please let me know if anyone else has had these issues and a fix, if you know.
1. when I receive a call, it doesn't show who it is if I'm in another function (Pandora, texts, email). It always has.
2. Screen does not lock like it used to, so, I'm pocket dialing.
3. Can't view my SD video files. I used to play from my youplay or straight from my gallery.
4. Lots of pauses, phone has slowed down tremendously.
5. Ringer sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Especially with the alarm clock. Along the same lines, phone no longer vibrates when it's on vibrate.
6. When I try to scroll through my call history or texts, there is a lot of hesitation.
I'm sure I've seen other issues, I'm just REALLY frustrated with the whole not being able to view videos. I had NO problem the night before and now, all that plays is the sound. I want to actually SEE the show.
I have tried to kill programs, thinking that I may have been using too much memory, but, that didn't help. I tried to download another video hoping that might be it, but, it only played once, then wouldn't play again.
Please help and let me know what to do, if there IS anything that can be done.
I don't know if you use bluetooth devices or not, but be prepared to lose your connections ... and not be able to get them back. Since the update I have 0 bluetooth capability.
See my post urging caution about consenting to this update. It's really busted my USB connectivity. Also, more often then not, when I unplug the USB cable, it crashes my phone, which then has to reboot.
Did Sprint really test this?
Anyone know if there's any way to roll back (figure not, but thought I would ask)?
I downloaded the 2.1 update to my laptop so I'm hoping that I can put that one back on. But located on the website under the upgrade part the list is still there with all the old updates. So i'm thinking you should be able to download them onto a computer and get it back. I am having the same issue with the sliding to lock thing. The other stuff I haven't really checked. Hope this helps.
To what extent is a downgrade like this possible? Since I don't know what was in the fatal OTA update, and I don't understand the relationship between firmware and OS updates, I'm not sure what happens if I reinstall the old update from a PC. Will this wipe away a newer firmware (is this what was in the OTA update) and replace it with the older, better one? Will Sprint just ram the OTA update back onto my phone even if I do downgrade? An earlier poster claimed that Sprint would simply keep sending intrusive reminders of the OTA update until we consent....
What I'd really like to see is Sprint fixing the damage they've just done, but that seems unlikely.
Sigh. What could have possessed me to get another Samsung product? This is the last one, I promise!
I'm pretty sure you can just just reflash DE03 to get back to the 2.1 version.
My phone felt kinda flaky after the DI06 update so I flashed DE03 and then did the update again and everything seemed a little bit better. If your going to flash back anyways you might as well try the update afterward and see what happens, it might work better on a clean install.
Steps for what I did
1) flash DE03 from sprint updater (i'm not sure where to find this anymore, but im sure someone knows)
2) Put your account back in to the phone
a) Menu -> Settings -> Account & sync
b) Use "Add account" button to add your account back to phone
c) wait for phone to sync (will re-download your contacts and some other data)
d) reboot after 10 minutes or so, If update pops up you can try applying it now
3) Go to Menu -> Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates
a) Update Profile (was told somewhere that its good pratice to do this after flash)
b) Update PRL (was told somewhere that its good pratice to do this after flash)
c) Update Firmware (may have to check a few times)
4) Restore you data, or reinstall apps (I didnt backup, so i had nothing to restore)
Everything seemed better afterwards. If I left something out please let me know.
I am on my 4th Moment since January, my 3rd since July. All exchanged for the data lockup problem. None of the new phones ever changed anything.
Here is my list of NEW problems after the two latest OTA updates.
1. Phone swipe to unlock feature randomly disappears. Takes a reboot to get it back. So pocket dials previously common with Android 1.5... they are BACK!!!
2. When flipping open the keyboard to text, check email etc, the screen sometimes goes bright then dim and then locks. It takes a swipe unlock to get it back sometimes, sometimes I have to close the keyboard and reopen it. The phone does NOT do this when the swipe to unlock is not functioning. Duh...
3. I have had the phone reboot 2x right in the middle of a phone call in the last 3 days.
Will be calling Sprint retention 800 numbers later today. They previously offered some minmal relief, but now I expect more relief. I am SO done with this phone. And gettng real close to being done with Sprint's customer service. Everything else about Sprint I really like.... but I cannot tolerate a flaky phone!!