cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timezone, widgets, everything's messed up. help?

Highlighted

First off, you need to know that I do use a task killer, I update regularily, and I do not abuse my phone. I also have very few apps/widgets downloaded and only use 2 or 3 on a daily basis.

With that said, here are the issues:

1. My phone will notify me every few minutes or so that it's being unplugged and plugged back into the charger, when it's not even being touched.

2. My battery life no longer last more than 3 hours. It's usually less now. It varies. I severly hate this.

3. The time stamps for certain apps is very off. For exp: My FB will say "posted just now" when I'd posted it a day or two beforehand. And my weather widget is displaying last night at 11pm, when it is now 10am. It's programmed to update every 5mins. No matter how many times I delete/uninstall/redownload, this still happens.

4. The time my phone displays also varies. It sometime switches to another timezone, while other times randomly setting back 40mins.

Anyways. I really hope someone can help me on this one. I'm stuck with this until my upgrade =\

Thanks!

Tabby

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

First thing I would try is to delete your task killer, reboot and see if you still have problems. The task killer could be stopping 1 or more critical process on the phone. I run 2 task killers on my Moment and have huge exclusion list for both to not kill any critical process. Its a quick easy thing to try and rule out if nothing else.

Journeyman

The task killer could also be affecting your clock/weather widget, if that widget hasn't been placed on the ignore list.

Sprint Employee

Hi Tabby, strange case you have here, I wanted to ask you a few questions. first have you tried other chargers/usb cables and still seen the phone notify you every few minutes or so that it's being unplugged and plugged back into the charger? apart from the task killer do you have any apps that act as a security software, or battery saver? how much free space do you have? ( from main screen press menu > settings > SD card and phone storage, internal is listed at bottom )

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat