cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble downloading picture from message & checking to see if there are any system updates (firmware)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Trouble downloading picture from message & checking to see if there are any system updates (firmware)

I received my Samsung Moment on Tuesday and received my first message on this phone with a picture attached from another sprint customer.  I press download but it does not appear to be downloading the file.  I can log on and see it on sprints picturemail website - but I don't want to have to do that for every time.  Is there any suggestions to help fix this? 

I also try to see if there are any system updates but it says I have a connection error.  So I'm not getting anywhere with that either.  I get connected to WiFi, I try to see if there are any updates, I notice my WiFi icon goes away, I get a connection error, I get out of that, check my WiFi and it automatically reconnects.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat