cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Device Not Recognized -- Can't perform update

Highlighted
Journeyman

USB Device Not Recognized -- Can't perform update

I had to wait until I got home to my significant other's PC to perform the much anticipated update to my Samsung Moment, since my laptop is a Mac.I've read through the instructions several times to make sure I did everything correctly, but for some reason, despite the fact that I've installed the newest drivers, this Vista running PC just simply will not recognize my phone!

Does anyone have any idea?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: USB Device Not Recognized -- Can't perform update

for what it is worth, my pc is Windows 7 and it wouldn't recognize the phone either. I plugged it in to my wife's XP computer, and it updated with no issues. I don't know what the deal is but the driver detection for Vista and Win 7, is really bad.

You can try to right click the SWUpgrade.exe file and choose compatibility. Set it for Windows XP SP2 and then try to run it.

Journeyman

search the web and download samsung new pc studio. it install drivers that will recognize the phone.

Journeyman

I have Win 7 Pro x64 and the Samsung USB Composite device would fail to start quite a bit.  Unplugging the device and plugging it back in seemed to get it to work ok.  I also uninstalled easy tether and disabled everything antivirus related I could turn off and the upgrade finally went.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat