cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on data lockup/airplane mode issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update on data lockup/airplane mode issue

Please only respond if you are a Sprint representative...

It has now been over one month since the data lockup and airplane mode issue was given high priority by both Sprint and Samsung.  There have been several responses to the question Sprint posed about how to reproduce the issue.  It appears from these responses that the lockup and resulting airplane mode is very reproducible by Moment owners.  It also appears that exchanging the phones does not resolve the issue.  In addition, the problem seems to be independent of the installed software or running applications.

Can you please provide the community with an update on this issue?

1. Has this problem been reproduce by Samsung/Sprint?
  2. When can we expect a solution to resolve the issue?

Thank you for your time.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Update on data lockup/airplane mode issue

All I'm asking for is an update.

Journeyman

I purchased the Samsung Moment on June 30, 2010, and have experienced the phone going into airplane mode at least twice since purchase.  I would like more information on this issue than I have found here.  THank you.

Journeyman

This phone is a complete piece of shit

Journeyman

This post was started in January.  Isn't it amazing that not 1 Sprint employee dared to comment on this page?  Lets you know how they feel about it, sweep it under the rug, deny everything, and this won't turn out into something that will affect our shareholders.  Maybe denying the Moment issues and ignoring the customer pleas is related to the fact that Sprint had a huge drop in customers recently and they are dying for the Evo and Epic to pull them out of the slump they are in.

Journeyman

lolwtf, I disagree, were it not for the CDMA issue we are all dealing with, this phone is a very good android phone, it out performs the Hero and many other phones in the same price level and if it were going to get the Froyo update, it would excel past most of them.  That is probably why they didn't allow us to upgrade to the 2.2 because then noone would be drooling over the Evo and Epic.  It's like this hardware issue (I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with software or that a patch is going to fix it) worked out perfect for Sprint in their time of need, they probably couldn't be happier that a majority of Moment owners are moving on the the Epic and Evo after just recently purchasing one of their top end phones not even a year ago.  I think I'm going to purchase my Epic from another source other than Sprint and just let them have their puny $18.00 upgrade fee.

Journeyman

If you are an owner of the Samsung Moment, and you experience any issues with your phone locking up or going into Airplane Mode unexpectedly, please join this group on facebook to share your story.

Samsung Moment Data Lockup

This issue may at some point affect all Moment owners.  It is a hardware defect.  There is not a software fix.

We are trying to get Sprint's attention.  We need every owner complaint on this issue.

Thank you!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat