cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to Android 2.2

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Update to Android 2.2

I have a moment and i was just checking the hardware on it, whoever posted the moment running arm11 haven't done their research.. Looking through my hardware on my moment it's showing me and ARM6.  Sadly it's running in the same family as the first nintendo DS just with slightly tweaked graphix capabilities..

Patron

Well eat your words it is here!!! I have samsung Intercept and i received the 2.2 adroid update and its lovely

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint is pushing 2.2 on to the Intercept (Moment 2, but same CPU) as of December ~15.  It features hotspot capability, among other things.  Does this change the policy Sprint has on updating the original Moment with 2.2?  Can we get the code and load once we have root?  Anybody know if you can take the Intercept image and load it on the Moment?

PS.  Sprint can't stop this anymore.  The Supreme Court ruled that companies can't restrict apps, etc (a la Apple).  So that should go for Sprint as well on controlling versions of Android on phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is a semi-working and stable version of Android 2.2 working for the moment. No flash, but they've done more than Samsung has done of their own device.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just spoke to a Samsung representative and I was told that Froyo (Android 2.2) update would be released from Samsung via OTA.  Of course I could not get a date.  I know it takes awhile to test out and fix bugs, but really? Android 2.3 is out and 3.0 is in the works, and an update for a current hardware platform can't be released?  I wonder if Samsung told Sprint about this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

even if samsung says they are upgrading to 2.2 for the moment. sprint has to agree, test and release it. i'm wishing android was a bit more like windows 7 and iphone software-wise. if 2.2 is beneficial and to the moment i suggest they upgrade it. we all know 2.2 is possible  for the moment cuz the intercept has it. total bs on sprints part. i'm disappointed at samsung and sprint. i since ditched my moment and upgraded to a lg optimus s, comes with 2.2 and fast as hell. the only thing the moment had for me was the keyboard.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update to Android 2.2

rooted FroYo 2.2 isnt much of a diffeneces it does however make the phone seem to run as bit smoother with out much lags

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update to Android 2.2

Yea I had a moment and rooted it as well. It seemed like the battery life lasted longer.. and it wsa pretty cool to use tethering... and the live wallpapers were dope... other than those not too much seemed different. how ever the Rom that I used made my moment restart itself alot. I got fed up with it and finally got the evo shift

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update to Android 2.2

I rooted my Moment and installed a custom Froyo 2.2 ROM that was ported from a Trasfom from the folks over at SDX and my Moment is now a different phone.  The GPS works, no data lock, no mysterious airplane mode, it is now fast and responsive, battery life is extrodinary. Plus the wifi tether is awsome.  I recomend it for anyone who does not have the option to replace it, since that would still be the ideal choice.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update to Android 2.2

Which specific ROM did you load?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update to Android 2.2

I personally use KeyLime09 with a skin. It's light and decent in features.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update to Android 2.2

I have t-ROM_EB28_v2.2.2.  All the step by step instrutions to root and install this one is at SDX developers.  You fist have to put on basicEB28 but it reflashes and does everthing for you to then put on 2.2.2 it even includes the custom kernel you will need too.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat