cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait for Moment to get 2.1 or wait on N1 and EVO?

Journeyman

Wait for Moment to get 2.1 or wait on N1 and EVO?

With the arrival of the Nexus One and EVO this summer, and possibly other new Android 2.1 phones, would you still wait to get 2.1 on your Moment or Hero or dump them in favor of the upcoming phones?

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Wait for Moment to get 2.1 or wait on N1 and EVO?

If I had the luxury of waiting, ie a discount waiting for me when I wanted to use it, I would wait and get one of the new phones.  If I was in the market for a phone sooner and needed a phone I would go ahead and get what is available.

Journeyman

It's a tough decision because in theory when 2.1 comes out for the moment, the issues will be "fixed" and hopefully there won't be any new problems.  You will be left with a near perfectly functioning phone with 2.1....in theory.  If you wait for the EVO and get it when it comes out, you will undoubtedly have to deal with the same problems and complaints we all have dealt with for the first couple of months.  It's just the way it works now with new phones.  And you will most definitely be waiting for an update.  I've enjoyed mine a lot during this period, some people can't stand it. 

But it always come down to your own preferences in the end.  You got to make the judgement call. 

Journeyman

If 2.1 fixes just MOST of the issues we are all seeing that would be quite helpful.    If the major issues are not fixed with 2.1, I will be looking for a replacement.   Verizon just released 2.1U for their Droid a couple of days ago.    A friend has it up and running, but hey, he had 2.0x before that, so its not a fair comparison.   It would be very considerate of Sprint to inform existing Moment owners what the plan REALLY is for releasing 2.1.

I doubt we'll get any heads up until the VERY day it is released.    It was 3 weeks after CL14 was released before Sprint sent me a text about an update being available for my phone.    Really slack on their part, in my opinion.    Sprint's track record of less than adequate customer contact continues.   And that is a shame.

Gerry-

Journeyman

I too would hope that 2.1 fixes the issues we're seeing on the Moment. Hopefully the devs have used their time wisely, when prepping this update.

If I were the OP, I would wait and get a Nexus One, unless I absolutely had to have a slide out QWERTY, in which case I would get the Moment now (or in a few weeks when they start shipping the device with 2.1 pre-installed).

Journeyman

Well, knowing what I know now...I would have kept my Instinct.  Not listened to all the 'Sprint Hype' and leave the beta testing to you guys(and I have zefie rom).

I am ready to wait and see what is coming whether it be an N1 or CDMA iPhone or the next best thing 4 months AFTER it debuts...

/rant

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would go with the N1. Only way I would get an EVO is if I had 4G.

I already know that if the pricing of the N1 is going to be like the one for T-mobile's $179.99 (or just around it), the EVO is definetely going to be more than $199 and the Hero is going to go down to maybe $99 or less. Anybody agree?

Message was edited by: x_hero

Journeyman

Yeah, the Hero price will go down.  I think the Moment hit something crazy low like $49 or $79 (can't remember--but I remember I could have my Instinct with it's 5 batteries and ZERO CDMA lockups...)

Journeyman

if you're waiting for the hero/moment 2.1 update - you'll be waiting for a very very long time.   The hero/moment update will not be available until WELL AFTER the excitement from the EVO has worn off. 

sprint has said they are waiting until AFTER the RELEASE of the EVO to make update available.

Journeyman

Umm were exactly did hear this. Sprint has not said anything like this. Infact there has only been 2 responces to 2.1 both from sprint tweeter account. One tweet sayin first half of 2010 and another saying early second quarter 2010. So what is your source on this.

Journeyman

completely agree... I have ZE14.3 too. I want 2.1 now, or I might as well still be using my fucking instinct.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat