cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the lock screen?

Journeyman

What happened to the lock screen?

After I did the update over the weekend, the lock screen dissapeared.  I can reboot it, and it will show up for a while, but then it vanishes again.  I have been pocket dialing like crazy over the past few days.

Can I uninstall the new update?  Sprint, can you fix this, please?!?!

Tags (2)
21 REPLIES 21
Journeyman

Re: What happened to the lock screen?

I'm having this and a ton of other problems.  I just wish we could go back to before the update.  VERY irritating!

Journeyman

I'm having the same issues, along with the phone self dialing and running hot,  this is the 3 replacement for me.  What is really going on.

Journeyman

my lock screen has dissappeared and the only way to get it back is to turn the phone off and reboot...and this is only a temperary fix!!! My phone also locks up when i go to dissconnect a call and once again I have to turn the phone off!!!! I have had the phone for about 4 months, but these problems have just started within the last few weeks..........

Journeyman

im having the same issues with screen lock.. before the update only issue i had was data lock up now i lost my screen lock and my phone is making calls by itself also shuts it self off and comes back on... the update screwed mine real bad lol wtf is sprint doing... how can u make something worse ur suppose to be fixing it with the updates not creating new ones. i swear i dont think samsung knows what their doing. why dont the other samsung cells have problems like the intercept it works fine my wife has it lol... im so sick of all of this....

Wizard

From another post where someone had the screen lock issue: If "Slide To  Unlock" or "Pattern Unlock" do not work after the update, you will  need  to update the PRL and re-boot the device. This is probably good  practice  after any sort of update or change as it may fix other issues  as well.

Sprint is aware of this issue and it will be fixed in the next maintenance release.

Journeyman

I took my phone to a sprint repair store yesterday because of the problems of self dialing, hanging up, over heating, freezing up and the screen lock.  They claimed they did a factory reset instead of a hard reset and tested the battery.  Told me I should have any more problems.  Well i had not even been out of the store for 2 hours and the screen lock is messed up again and it still self dials.  To make it much worse, for the two hours i was in the store waiting on the my phone 6 other people came in with the same phone same problems.  The sales associates aren't even recommending the phone. 

In talking with sprint on the phone, all they do is transfer you continuously until you get tired of being transfered and hang up.  They don't even want to address the problems themselves.  To have been a loyal customer of sprint for 5 years Im truly disappointed with service lately.

Journeyman

So glad I looked here because I'm having the same problems, plus a new one tonight. In addition to my lock screen disappearing, my phone restarting itself randomly and locking up now when I try to turn it to landscape orientation it gives me the lock screen. I can't use the keyboard now because every time I turn the phone to use it it locks up or the screen turns off. It's now completely useless.

Going to try to take it to the sprint store tomorrow but I'm not too optimistic with the other stories here. I'm so irritated. I loved this phone when I first got it, but it's just a pain now. Seems like everyday there's something new wrong with it.

Journeyman

Really?  "Sprint is aware of the problem and it will be addressed in an update?"  Really, Sprint?

This was in the 'update' which was supposed to fix the fact that the phone completely sucked as it was, in that it would completely quit behaving like, ummmm, a PHONE. 

Now, the phone responds to every pocket touch, creating messages, dialing numbers ... the standard pocket actions from phones which were designed without user testing, without software testing, and without quality control.

But, geez, I feel so much better to know that 'Sprint is aware of the problem' and will 'address' it .... someday.

Perhaps, just perhaps, they might want to consider doing software quality assurance, just the minimum.

This company will not be around in 5 years ... gradually, one by one, people will just give up.

Journeyman

the update we got messed everything up sprint suppose to fix when i dont know... i got out the moment today im in the htc evo now call ********** name is demitry he bought back my moment for 100 plus rebate and mail in rebate forvthe evo just cost me 100.... or dan at sprint.com they will help get out of it. dont take the intercept either it junk has same radio signal has the moment.. i gave mine cause lol the new one would lock up lmao so i called and i got out of the samsung all together. evo hell alot better. thanks eric any questions email me at ****************

[removed personal email and phone number]

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Journeyman

"I can't use the keyboard now because every time I turn the phone to use it it locks up or the screen turns off." -  bonnierussell70

Are you using wifi?  Only since the DI06 update, I start having that issue shortly before a complete data lockup while wifi is on - changing orientation brings up the lock screen. Shutting off wifi and a reboot "fixes" it.  I suppose this could be considered a good thing, as I had no warning of impending lockup before.  Maybe this will be addressed in the next maintenance release?  It is supposed to fix the data lockup, after all.

I also had another loss of the lock screen over the weekend.  Luckily this makes only 2 since the DI06 update.  The Wife's Moment also did it this weekend, the 1st since her update, and we got the update that 1st weekend it was pushed out.  We must have really lucked out in the Moment lottery to have 2 (relatively) problem-free phones.

Journeyman

Nope. I have my wifi turned off 99% of the time. This was regular use, no wifi.

Battery life is worse, lock screen goes missing, screen doesn't lock when on the phone so that I end up dialing other people, the phone restarts on its own with no warning, etc.

I did delete a bunch of apps I wasn't using and the problem has minimized a bit, but it's still got issues. Am very disappointed. I love this phone for the most part (except in direct sunlight) but this update seems to have introduced a boatload of issues.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat