cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the lock screen?

Journeyman

Re: What happened to the lock screen?

We're paying way too much to be having these problems! Not to mention the fact we're paying insurance on a phone that is broken from the get-go! Glitch after glitch... Money is time and I don't have enough of either to be going in and out of a sprint store due to my phone not being able to operate correctly. NO BUENO! Are all of the apps on my phone worth the agony? Maybe I'll go back to a d*** flip phone... At least those break in half before they stop working!

Wizard

It seems that the new update for the Samsung Moment (DI06) this has taken away the slide lock/unlock feature on some devices. There is a work around that I found to be working.  First you will need to set a pattern lock code on the phone (menu>settings>Location and Security>Set Unlock Pattern) follow the steps on how to create one.  Once created you will need reboot the phone (battery pull works as well).  Once the phone has come back up you will need to put in the lock pattern and go back and remove the lock pattern that you just created (menu>settings>Location and Security>uncheck the box for Require Pattern) then just press the lock button (red button) and the slide lock should be back and this should fix this issue.

Journeyman

I tried this fix but it only was a temporary fix just like shutting it off. It's annoying, I'm pocket calling because of it.

Journeyman

The workaround is hella complicated. When will they FIX this issue? It's tiresome. My phone still restarts itself with no warning for no reason, it locks up requiring a reboot, and it loses the lock screen. This needs to be fixed or we need to be given the option to get another phone. This is ridiculous.

I've also read we're not getting 2.2 which is also ridiculous. I'm pleased with Sprint's service, but the hardware sucks after this last update. These things need to be addressed, and soon.

Journeyman

I tried to set the lock pattern and then unset it as described by nhays74 but it did not resolve the issue.  Because of DI06, my phone now will need to be rebooted either because of one of the following:

1) 5 minutes of browsing

2) Loss of lock screen which in turn causes pocket dialing

Each update gets worse and worse.

Journeyman

My screen also has been losing it's lock, wth!!!  What else can go wrong with this phone!!!!!!

Journeyman

Look everyone ... about the 'lock screen' problem ...

this has been answered

I have lots of complaints about this phone (horrible speech recognition, which means no voice dialing, horrible battery life; apps which will not go away - like 'Camera' --and which continue to inordinately suck battery life; plus lots of complaints about sprint -->> Sprint eliminating discounts in my contract re lines 3-5 with only a bill insert notice -- pretty much redefining the concept of a 'contract', etc. ) ...

... but the lock screen problem came with the Android update to 2.1 as well as 2.1update 1.  And it requires that you update the PRL. 

This was mentioned in an earlier message, but here's what to do ... and it will put the slide-to-lock screen back just like was before:

Settings

About phone

System updates

Update PRL

That will do it. 

Journeyman

Overton,

I did  update my PRL. It definitely did not fix the lock screen problem.

I still have to reboot my phone at least once a day to get the lock screen to work.

Journeyman

I've updated the PRL numerous times and still get the lock screen issue.  After rebooting, the lock screen may show up within minutes -- causing another update PRL and reboot. I can't put the phone anywhere (shirt pocket, suit pocket, etc) because the end call button will be pressed causing the phone to become unlocked.  Then my battery drains because the phone doesn't go on standby.  I can't use it for browsing the web because of the data lockup.  I'm tempted now to keep the phone off unless I need to make a call.

My phone was not having the lock screen issues until DI06 was installed.

Journeyman

I have been unable to update my PRL. Every time I try it gives me a "connection error" and tells me it can't connect to the network. I'll have a connection, but when I touch "Update PRL" it nukes my connection and can't reconnect.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat