cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 USB Issue?

Journeyman

Windows 7 USB Issue?

So I just got the Moment and I'm loving it over the Hero because it is so much more responsive.  Only problem I'm having so far is finding a driver to get my phone connected to my computer.  It does show up in Device Manager as SAMSUNG_Android but with the yellow exclamation.  It can't automatically find a driver online either.  Anyone have a clue or workaround?

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Windows 7 USB Issue?

I can't even find a driver for Vista.  I downloaded PC Studio, and it the phone doesn't show up once it's connected. Any thoughts?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think I know what was going on.  I turned on USB Debugging mode because the HTC Hero required that but apparently the Moment does not.  Try that.

Journeyman

No luck on mine.  Doesn't matter if USB debuggig is on or off.  It will not connect to USB.  But it is charging via USB!

Journeyman

I had no issues with Win 7, just plugged in and it detected it and can move files to and from

Journeyman

I discovered in another posting that you will need to do a factory reset of the device, then pug it back in to the USB port.  I found out on mine that if you DON'T turn on the USB Debugger, the above process works.  But once I turned it back on (the first time I restored it), I lost all USB connection to it.  So i restored it again, left the debugger off, and it is working fine.  I am about to upgrade it from the 1.4 version to the 2.1 version of the phones software.  Will try to remember to come back & post if this helped with it at all as well.

Journeyman

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  If so, please let me know...

Journeyman

It's not exactly a Windows 7 problem.  I have 2 Win7 computers, a laptop and a desktop.  The laptop will connect up to the phone via USB no trouble.  The desktop will not.  They are both Windows 7 Professional x64, and both installed from the same DVD.

Journeyman

I was having the same problem and was looking for a way to do the factory reset.  What I did was turn off the debugger and then unplugged my phone and then plugged it back in. I then got a USB connection. Once the USB connection is visible at the top of your home screen, slide it down and click on it. You will get a option to mount or unmount.  Choose "mount" and you'll get the pop-up on your screen to open your device. I hope this helps.

Journeyman

Windows 7 USB Issue?

Have you tried a different cable? my wife had the same issues with moment but when she tried a different cable it worked!!

I'm guessing it may be the original cable from her phone that worked...

she was attempting to use my sprint phone cable from my lg lotus phone.

perhaps the pin in an outs are not interchangeable between phones?

Are you using your original cable?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat