ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having trouble with your samsung moment?

Journeyman

if anyone is having problems with your samsung moment please agree and write something down explaning wha the problems are so we finally get heard and solve the issue thank you.

nery: my moment always freezes, i get code7 when sending text, always bugging out.

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Mine will shut down without warning, the GPS is not working.

Journeyman

My GPS barely connects and my phone shuts down unexpectedly at random. I have to power it back up and lose any place or data I had open...

Journeyman

my moment hasnt worked right since i got it last may....i have had updates installed, i have done complete resets....i still dont get voicemails, calls or texts for hours after the calls and text come in....i hate it and would do anything to be able to trade it in without it costing me an arm and leg

Journeyman

I've had endless probs with my Moment for the last year I've had it.  Service centers tell me to not bother with a replacement as it will not solve the issue.  Sprint ignores my emails.  I have to get rid of all the usefull apps I bought the phone for, in order for it to be SEMI stable.  Mine self resets and sits in a 3+ hour endless boot up loop 2 or 3 times a day.  Locks during calls, GPS doesn't work, has problems sending texts half the time.  I'm not sure if I will throw it out the window or cancel my contract first, but something has to happen.  Not being able to use a phone when you really need to, is not just annoying but can be down right dangerous in case of an emergency.  It seems that Sprint customer service is striving to be an example for all the companies out there who need to see how NOT to treat their customers.

Journeyman

Re: having trouble with your samsung moment?

Google  "moment xda" Or "moment sdx" start reading, when your done, Read some more then think about it for a day or two and go back and read some more............... Then finally go ahead and fix your phone

The Moment is a pretty good phone when you have it set up properly.

Journeyman

Of course you can root the moment, and I am perfectly capable of doing so.  But I didn't pay for it so I could mess with it.  I need a functional handset which is supported by the company I pay to do so. 

Journeyman

I bought my Moment 11/2009 and waited through 2 updates for the phone to start working properly. After the June 2010 update sprint and Samsung basically stopped supporting the Moment. So I took it upon myself, did a little reading/research and then went ahead and rooted....... Well its been about a year now and everything "I use" the phone for still works flawlessly.

Message was edited by: RSPC

Journeyman

Re: having trouble with Samsung Moment

I had continual problems with the "Moment" but when the GPS stopped working I took it to a service center in our town.  I had a new "Moment" in a couple of days...no questions asked.  However, the new phone failed to charge!  The tech told me that this was a common problem.  He looked up my account and Sprint was offering an entirely different brand of phone (several comperable choices actually) to replace it.  I choose an LG and it has been flawless.  Contrary to other posts I got excellent service from Sprint.  I might also mention that my original "Moment" was from Best Buy and it I had their protection plan, not Sprint's.  Sprint STILL replaced the phone!! 

The problem with the Best Buy protection plan (even though it carries no deductable) is that it does not cover the phone if stolen and if you have any problems you have to be without your phone for weeks until it is sent to a repair center.  Sure, you can get a loner, but it is not a smart phone.  Sprint had my new phone in 2 days.

I have a very high regard for the service I received from my local Sprint store.

Journeyman

Me and my husband both have the moment, we have had them for about a year and a half. Iit is horrible. It freezes all the time, there are alot of times where my touchscreen doesn't work. My phone still has the airplane mode problem. all I can say is I can't wait till sprint gives me my upgrade since they changed it to every two years now instead of ever year.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not only have I had enough of this phone, I have pretty much had enough from Sprint, it's customer service and tech support.  Might as well throw Samsung on that list as well.  I finally had it with the GPS issues this phone is known for but Sprint refuses to acknowlege, and my phone also was not recieving picture mail. I put up with it for over year but finally decided that since I have the total protection plan I might as well take advantage of it.  I took my phone to the local Sprint store and told them my GPS was not working.  The guy takes it to the back room and tells me to come back in an hour.  I go back and he tells me the GPS is working fine. I go out to my car and turn the phone and GPS on and it still can not find a lock after quite a few minutes. I go back inside  and tell this to the guy.He takes the phone and says, "No, it's working. Look at the blinking green satallite icon, that means it working."  I had to explain to him that when the icon stays solid green, that means it's working, a blinking green icon means it can't lock onto a satallite.  I proceed to open the GPS test app I have and showed him how the phone could not even see a satallite much less lock onto one. He just looks at me with a dumb look on his face and says it must be a software issue then because my phone was rooted.  I told him that it was not rooted.  So he takes my phone and opens up the "About Phone" section in the menu and tells me that since it says Eclair.DJ07 instead of DE03 that proves it is rooted.  I tell him that was the latest udate that came from Sprint and he says that is not true. This idiot doesn't even know the lastest software and basiclly calls me a liar.  I let him reflash my phone to factory and after my phone reboots it immediately notifies that there is a new update available.  As the morans are watching the phone intalls Eclair.DJ07. Again with dumb looks on their faces they apologize and finally agree to replace the phone.  The next day they call me that my new phone is in, low and behold it is a "new" refurbished Samsung Moment!!!!  This ones GPS actually worked tough but it suffered from the data lock up issues this phone is also known for.  So I rooted this one and added the Froyo 2.2 available at SDX developers.  Now the GPS is accuare up to about 15 feet and it no longer suffers from data lockups.  But still no picture mail.  I called Customer Service and all the crap they told me to do made my phone worse, it got stuck in airplane mode and I had to reboot it, reflash it and reroot it and reistall 2.2.  finally back at SDX I found a picture mail fix.  All I had to do was text "Allow All" to 9999 and now I get picture mail.  Sprint apparently has a lock feature on the text mail that no tech or customer service person I talked to for over a year knew about. So I find it ridiculous how little the custumer service agents or tech supports agents know about this phone or the software the company issues or other services the company offers.  If it weren't for the folks over at SDX which allowed me to do my own tech support this phone would be nothing more than a paper wieght.  So if you ever need any help with this phone head on over to SDX Developers as long as you don't mind doing a little research they can more than likely help you out.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat