cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked up samsung moment

Highlighted
Journeyman

locked up samsung moment

My phone has locked up. It won't go past the Android logo when you turn it on. Any suggestions besides resetting the phone and loosing everything?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: locked up samsung moment

My first Moment did the same thing.  I brought it into the repair center and explained that my phone won't boot up.  The counter person held the power button, and when the Android appeared, he handed the phone back to me.  LOL! He thought I didn't know how to turn a phone on! Anyway, I handed it back to him, showing him that the phone won't boot up.  There was nothing the technician could do, except flash it, wiping everything.

On the other hand, resetting the phone is the first response by the store for every problem.

You can flash the phone yourself.  The instructions are in Sprint.com.  And if you are going to flash it with DJ07 anyway, you might consider installing a custom recovery module from SDX developers.  Then you can choose a ROM like noobnl's radioactive froyo V2.  Once you've done these things, the recovery module has a backup option.  When you restore from the backup, the phone is exactly the same as when you backed it up.  For example, if you get another refurb from Sprint, you can backup your phone, then restore the backup on the refurb, and it will be as if you never got the phone replaced!  No installing widgets, no setting up profiles, no installing software again, etc.  It's a perfect copy of your phone. Sprint should offer this service.

Journeyman

Well the backup and recovery are a great idea but, I just went about ten rounds with Sprint regarding my moment that has a messed up USB charging port.  Apparently, or so I was told, they are out of stock on the Moment and will not be getting more because production was stopped.  They instead offered me a Hero or an Intercept which are both downgrades to the Moment.  The main point that sold me on the Moment over the Hero in the first place was the camera flash and neither of those models has one.  They also have numerous other lower numbers in the specs.  The only comparable model out now is the Transform shich looks to me like a repackaged Moment that Samsung fixed the bugs on. So i dont knokw if the recovery will work on a different model or not but, it doesn't look like Sprint will be sending anyone a Moment anymore.

Journeyman

I just got the Transform. Had to return the first one because it wouldn't store any contact info. Tech gave me a new phone and transferred all the contacts from my RAZR. Next day all the contacts have disappeared again, the phone also blinks off once a day. Going to return this POS for a blackberry. Ain't worth the aggravation or the time.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat