cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ringtones for text messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

ringtones for text messages

i recently purchased the samsung moment, when i bought a ringtone it only works for my phone calls. I tried to use it as the ringer for my incoming text messages and it does not even come up as an optional tone. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

get rings extense from the market

Highlighted
Journeyman

You'll want to create a 'notifications' folder on your SD card and move the ringtone there.  Hopefully, the download was also put on your card and not in some hidden spot.

To create the folder, connect to you PC via USB cable and when the phone gives you the USB connected notification select 'mount'.  Hopefully the drivers install easily through Windows, then open 'My Computer' and look for a new 'Removable Drive'.  On the card, create a folder named 'notifications'.  You can also create folders for 'alarms', 'ringtones', 'music', and 'movies'.  Anything you put in the 'notifications' folder should show up for email and text notifications.  Pull down the notification bar and select 'unmount'.  The ringtone should now be available for texts.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat