cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung moment 2.1 upgrade

Highlighted
Journeyman

samsung moment 2.1 upgrade

I want to purchase the Moment but waiting for 2.1 upgrade. I spoke with 3 people today at Sprint in different locations...and they all told me the 2.1 upgrade is available now for the Moment. They told me if I buy the Moment...they can do the upgrade for me in the store. Has anyone else heard this?

Can anyone explain what will be the differences between Android 1.5 and 2.1? I'm new to the Android phones...I have a Touch Pro now. Thanks.

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Journeyman

This is exactly what I am saying.  The other thing is even though the Droid is about to get 2.1, it is an upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1, not a huge game changer there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

First off let me say I love my moment it is the best phone I have ever owned. (Bugs and all)

Second I am anxiously awaiting the 2.1 update. I can have 2.0 right now if I wanted.

As I read these forums I came to the realization that we should all be happy Sprint/Samsung is working on bringing us these updates.

Who remember when cell phones got updates like this? Not many because they rarely happened. This just one of the great features of the android platform.

The reason why only the moto droid is the only phone (u.s) to come with 2.0 is that it was released specifically for that phone. Just had to throw that out there. So currently sprint is right up there with everyone. They(sprint) came out and said we are coming out with the 2.1 not the 2.0 update in the 1h2010 back in Feb. If my math is correct we are still in the 1st half. So stop with the whining and crying it is coming. Oh wait when it comes we will be hearing how much is sucks.

Thank you sprint for updating our phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Message was edited by: izzyks

Message deleted by: nacho2k3.  If you think I'm trolling, just delete the whole message and leave it at that.  Sheesh.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunatley, I am long past the 30 day window. Intially I kept thinking I could deal with or correct the issues if I just tweaked the phone correctly. I would really love the phone if eveyrthing worked right all the time.

By the way, if some of these issues are hardware problems they appear to be very common ones. My problem is that Sprint will only replace my phone with a refurbished one. My experience leads me to wonder if people are turning these in because of problems (GPS, airplane mode, etc), some tech wipes the phone, presses the on button, sees that it can make calls and send and receive data, and just ships it out to someone else. I keep trying to decide whether it is worth it to start over from scratch customizing the phone and getting all my data on it, given the strong possibility that the replacement will be worse than the one I have. As I said, at this point I guess I am going to wait for 2.1, see if that makes the difference and if not see if they will replace the phone with a truly NEW one.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm certainly anxiously looking forward to the 2.1 upgrade.  I had a G1 phone before that was running 1.6 and the Google Maps update alone is worth it's weight in gold.  The google maps navigation completely blows Sprint's GPS offering out of the water in my opinion, and I found myself using it a lot more than I thought I would.   I'm a patient guy so I'll certainly hang on for the update, but I can also understand people's desire to move beyond 1.5.

I'm hoping it is released before the end of March.  Any chance at getting an ETA from Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

So a screen grab posted on XDA (take all rumors with a grain of salt), says April is the soonest more information (information, not software) will be available regarding the upgrade.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=648780&page=2

It is near the bottom.  So the wait continues, as does the sloughing of customer base.

This is a duplicate message I posted on another thread. I know this, but I think it is appropriate to respond to specific peoples questions.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is an ETA- 2nd Quarter 2010, meaning not March.  But folks keep on asking...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat