cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung moment problems.

Highlighted
Journeyman

samsung moment problems.

i have had the moment for more than a month and i am having some problems with it. first it would turn off and turn on by it self. i took it to go get fixed with a hard reset. then i heard of a new update that fixes stuff which i was gonna go get. but then my phone turned off and now it wont turn on. it stays at the andriod logo when trying to turn on. and then i took it to go get fixed again and get the update but they couldnt fix it. so now i have to wait 2 days till i get a replacement moment and hopefully it would have the update already. but all im asking is should i stick with the moment or just get a different phone. i love the moment but with the problems i have had and problems coming  in the future can i live with the moment???

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

That is very strange hopeful next one will be better. I also have Samsung moment and i do not have any problems right now. i just wonder did you root your Samsung Moment at all?

Highlighted
Journeyman

wtf okay today i got my replacment samsung moment. and i asked for the  update. so they guy said yeah i can get the  update on the new phone. turns out the new phone doesnt work so they are ordering another replacment phone for me. that got me so pissed. ahhhh and noo i didnt root my samsung moment

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had my Moment for about 5 weeks now.  The first few weeks, I keep having drop calls. Then I finally, went down to the store a day before my 30 days of purchase and they gave me a replacement right than and there.

I curious if the Moment were carefully tested for problem before it was put on market.

Highlighted
Journeyman

im now on my 3rd moment and once again it has powered itself off and refuses to power up, im seriously considering a different phone, i dont have a way to get to the store and i have a phone interview on monday for an international job and no phone for them to call, thus i cant afford for it to happen again i enjoyed my moment for the few weeks it worked lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My moment is also powering off by itself. I see your on your third one?  All were powering down by themselves?

Frank

Highlighted
Journeyman

yes sir, powering down when ever it felt like it and eventually power down and refuse to power back up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had mine since March (actually the first one didn't work, so this is technically #2).

The airplane mode thing started happening a month ago and has gotten worse as time progresses.

I can't tell you how many important calls I've missed due to airplane mode.

For the past few weeks my Moment has been powering itself off, and the battery drains from time to time--not always.  Once it drained after I had it charging all night long. 

I don't know what to do anymore, and I used my 2 year upgrade to get the Moment--I can't afford to go out and just buy a new phone.

What is Sprint doing about this?

It seems to be an issue for everybody who has a Moment and like I said, this just started happening to me about a month or so ago, but it seems like some people had trouble from the get-go.

I love the phone (when it works). 

I wish Sprint would fix this....I'm getting angry.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine has recently started powering down. I can't turn it back on until I pull the battery.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here was my response from Sprint:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Sprint.  I apologize for the inconvenience
caused to you due to the defective handset.

I would like to inform you that I have checked the known issues of
Samsung Moment (SPH-M900) and found only Device Stuck in Airplane Mode
is a known issues as per the issues raised by you.Please visit the
nearest Sprint Service & Repair location to ensure the device is
upgraded to CL14 (MR1). For rest of the issues concerning the phone
please visit the sprint store if the phone is under manufacturing
warranty, it will be repaired for free of cost.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to address your
concerns. Please reply to this email or visit Sprint.com/mysprint if we
can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Anthony A.
Sprint
kk

Is Airplane mode REALLY the only known issue??

Highlighted
Journeyman

mattnallie1 wrote:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXX,

Sincerely,
Anthony A.
Sprint
kk

Did you just get that email?? Sprint reports that "upgrading" to Android 1.5, the CL14 release, will fix the problem? So Sprint has no listing of the airplane mode as a known issue in the DE03 (Android 2.1) release? So have we been lied to when we are told Sprint and Samsung are "dilligently" looking to fix the problem?

Highlighted
Wizard

mattnallie1 wrote:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXX,

Sincerely,
Anthony A.
Sprint
kk

When did you get that email?  CL14 was outdated two months ago when DE03 was released (May 14, 2010).

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat