cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung moment randomly turn offm

Highlighted
Patron

samsung moment randomly turn offm

my samsung moment has been randomly shutting off for the past 24 hours. i havent dropped it or anything. so i dont know what is wrong. whenever i plug it into my computer to charge it turns off. i havent updated to 2.1 yet and someone said that might be why. the phone runs fine when its on. any ideas why its doing this would be much appreciated

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: samsung moment randomly turn offm

i have had the same problem after the update called and talked to sprint techs and they said to take it back to the store and have them reflash it. I did and still have the same problem called the techs again and they said reflash at this point i called and talked to customer service and that person told me that it is not a known issue  so all they will do is reflash the phone.  i said well i also have the airplane issue and they said well they might replace the phone caused that is a known issue

Journeyman

This doesn't sound exactly like your problem, but may be helpful.

My first Moment would turn off occassionally (maybe every two days, but seemed to be getting more frequent).  A tech-by-phone helped me through a whole sequence of things including upgrading all the firmware, and the next day it shut off again.

It was within my 1st 30-day period so I took it back to the store and they gave me a new one.

The new one didn't have that problem at all... so it may have been hardware problem.  I've had the phone for about 3 months and love it.

Journeyman

My wife just had her phone shutoff today for no reason. She said that even removing the battery and putting it back in did not get the phone to come on. Then just a mysteriously it started working again. Her phone is still running Android 1.5 so I don't think it has anything to do with what version is on the phone.

Chuck

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat