cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text message notifications

Highlighted
Journeyman

text message notifications

Has anyone figured out a way to get your phone to audibly notify you of an incoming, new text message while talking on the phone?

Or how to get your phone to light up upon receipt of a new text message? My phone will only light up if there is an incoming call.

Or how to mute your phone after acknowledging that a new notification (text message) is coming through? (If your volume is up, is there a button that you can hit that will silence it immediately that you do not have to hear the entire message alert?)

Any info will help.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not sure if Handcent notifies you while you're on call, but it certainly lights your phone up when a new text message comes in.

Regarding the message alert, I'm not sure if you can silence it early, but, if you haven't thought of this already, how about choosing a shorter message alert?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm trying to figure out how to get the phone to light up for texts as well.

If you want to silence the ring before it is over just hit the volume rocker.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I am having the same issue with my samsung moment, so i called sprint and they said did you try shorting the ringtone... and that's a possibility but i didn't like that answer. They sent me to tech support who then sent me to the manufacturer where finally i got an answer. This phone does not have a dismissal for notifactions. However as stated before if you looking to quiet an incoming call the down buttom for the volume will work. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I downloaded "SMS popup", and I'm pretty sure that there is an option to have the phone beep and/or vibrate when you get a message while on a phone call.  Also, one of the options will turn the screen on when you get a message.  The program is not an actual message program like Handsent, or chompSMS, etc., just a notification program that works with the stock Android messaging program (just be sure to disable the notifications in the Android messaging program, otherwise you will get two notifications).  And to mute the sound when you get a message, I found that you can just hold the notification bar and drag down a little.  You don't need to drag the bar down all the way, just enough to stop the ringtone, and when you let go, the bar will disappear back to the top of the screen

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think you have to go to Settings, then Notification Ringtone.  Check the box and a selection comes up to what to want to be notified on.  Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I download Handcent and it is the greatest app ever. If you havent already downloaded it, you go under settings, notifications, then all the way at the bottom there is the option of sound on call and vibrate on call. If it wasn't for this app I probably would have down graded to a dumb phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat