cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the sprint smtp server?

Go to solution
Journeyman

what is the sprint smtp server?

I have a work account, that is an .edu account. I'm configuring the account as an IMAP, and I need to use the phone provider's smtp outgoing server setting. I can't seem to get anyone over the phone at Sprint to help me. They are really good at dropping the call and leaving people alone on the other side. Bad customer service... Can anyone here help me?

thanks,

--Stella. (my phone is the Epic 4g).

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: what is the sprint smtp server?

smtp.sprintpcs.com. Did this help you? If so please rate this post and mark your post as answered so others can refer to it quickly for solutions.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately it didn't work. I tried smtp.sprint.net, I tried smtp.mail.sprint.net (and .com), nothing like that works.

Thanks,

--Stella.

Master

Sprint's email server IS smtp.sprintpcs.com // However, for that to work, you will need to logon to your sprint.com account. You must also be an administrator which you will know you are if you can see your billing information. Once you've logged in, go to preferences, and look for "change email server password".  These will be the settings you use in your outgoing settings. There's no correct answer for the password, just minimum 6 characters. Also, be sure to change your outgoing username in your phone to whatever you see as "Your SMTP username:" This process sort of sets up an account for customers to use for outgoing email. It has no incoming functionality anymore.

Journeyman

This worked. I would have NEVER figured that out.

Thanks so much.Our PCS account is so old, I never thought this would be used for anything.

Thanks a lot.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat