Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/18 - Samsung Replenish Maintenance Release - EF27

Wizard

Samsung Replenish Maintenance Release - EF27

Enhancements/Fixes:
- Makes LED notification light blink once every 15 seconds

- Fixes roaming alert notification shown before activation

Important Notes:
- Software version is: S:M580.0.6x.EF27
-
Download and install time is approximately 5 minutes
- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 4 days
- Refer to the Samsung Maintenance Release blog for install instructions

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 7/18 - Samsung Replenish Maintenance Release - EF27

I think it automatically downloaded yesterday and I told it to install today.  It went into a screen where it said something about a file on e:\ failed (I didn't note it down, but it had something to do with cache and a zip file).  Now, it doesn't ask me to install the update anymore and when I tell it to search for new firmware, it says there isn't any.  But there is ~9 MB more space used up.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Wizard

Hi HAWK1500, thanks for the post and welcome to the Community! Would you please verify the software version of the phone.

1. Press Home > Menu, then tap Settings.
  2. Scroll up, then tap About phone.
  3. Scroll up to Build number to view software version.
  4. Verify that Build number is FROYO EF27.
  5. Press Home to return to Home screen.

Please let us know what your Build number is by replying to this post, thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

Nope, it still says EF23.

Highlighted
Wizard

First things first - power off, remove/replace battery, power on, test please. Other than that, at this point, I recommend a) give it the 4 days to see if the phone automatically or manually updates. The manual update steps are Menu > Settings > About phone > Update System Software. Or b) factory reset the phone (all information is deleted permanently including contacts, messages, settings, etc.) and then when the phone comes back up from the factory reset you can try the update again. Or, of course, you an always take the phone in to a Sprint Service and Repair center to have a technician diagnose the issue. Please let us know what you decide, if you want to try a factory reset I will post the steps for that. Sorry for the inconvenience here!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat