Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Sprint - I hate you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dear Sprint - I hate you.

I would like to tell you a story.  Other readers, beware.  I switched to you from US Cellular because I get a discount from an employer.  Within a few months of signing up, all three of the phones I purchased broke.  We did not break them or misuse them, they were crap.  We got new ones because I have insurance thank God.  But, it was time consuming and inconvenient. Fall came, and I happen to live near Lambeau Field, home of the great Green Bay Packers.  I discovered Sprint's network does not work when there is an event at Lambeau Field, which is ummmm all the time. I was told there are "too many people" in the area for phones to work.  My son's phone, through Cellcom, worked just fine.  Strange.  I asked my neighbors if theirs worked.  Verizon phones worked, US Cellular phones did too.  You only have an issue if you have Sprint.  I trucked back to the Sprint Store, and was very nicely given an antenna to use. It wasn't perfect but better.  Shortly after, I needed to add my last son to my plan.  I couldn't.  Excuse me?  I'm a customer in great standing.....and I can't....buy something from you? Nope, because I needed the antenna, I am "maxed out" on devices allowed. OK, I will give my money to a company that wants me as a customer.  Now we are into spring.  My phone receives oh, maybe half the text messages people send me.  It lets me check Facebook once in a while.  I can get a phone call on it, thats something.  The store personnel, very nice pleasant people, have done numerous checks and updates and pretend things to it, to "help" and as we all know, this model is a piece of crap, and nothing helps. The battery doesn't stay charged, my phone has to stay on a charger 24/7 so that I can use it.  Again lots of battery replacements, and being told I have a bad battery.  I can't get a new phone, because it appears to charge when the tech plugs it in at the store.  Which I guess would solve everything if I LIVED AT THE SPRINT STORE.  But since I don't, I just have to live with it until the phone is "more broken". Then MAYBE I can use the insurance to get another crappy phone to use.  I ask the store, can I please sign a new contract and upgrade my phone?  Clearly, your "value phone" are horrible, and if I am your customer I have to buy a more expensive model to get something that works.  OK, fair enough, lesson learned, I will take it like a grown up and give you more money to get something better.  The answer? No.  Again you don't want my money,I'm not eligible.  I can feel free to buy a $500 full price phone.  Really? That's my option.  You will give a new customer all kinds of discounts, but for me, trapped in the contract, that is my only option.  The nice guy at the store told me I should look on Craigs list and buy a used phone.  Have the person bring it to the store to be checked out and buy it there.  That is safer, that way I can avoid any ax murderers on Craigs list that may be posing as a cell phone seller.  I said why should I have to go through all of that, when I'm here, wanting to work this out, wanting to spend more money even though I HATE you guys.  Why is my only option at least $500???? Because clearly, I am stuck, so why would you guys give a shit? That brings me to today.  I woke up this morning, and my phone wasn't charged, even though it had been plugged in all night.  I went about my day, and went to put my phone on the charger.  Nothing-no light, no beep. Won't charge.  Is about to die.  Will have no phone.  Nada.  I go back to my local Sprint store.  I begged, I pleaded.  For the love of God, please just give me a new phone,  Anything.  I'll take a rotary phone on the wall at this point.  The tech listens to my story and looks at the phone. He tells me it appears to charge when he plugs it in. I say yes, it will light up once in a while, but it is gymnastics to get it in a position to stay charging, and it doesn't stay charged.  He says you have a bad battery.  I tell him, you guys gave me that battery brand new two weeks ago at your other store.  He says it was probably an old battery.  I say no, it was in a package and they said it was new.  He said maybe they lied to you.  He said also, this solar back on your phone is causing your issues.  I said you guys made me buy that solar back.  You said it was fabulous and would help all my issues so I spent $30 on it. He said, we didn't make you.  We told you it was a good idea and you believed us.  Fair enough.  Let me just bend over and grab my ankles.  Im familiar with this position, because I am your customer.  I said PLEASE just give me a new phone.  He said nope, no new phone. I can't replicate your not charging issue, so I can't justify giving you a new phone.  Also, I have no battery here,  Get in your car and drive twenty minutes across town to get a new battery.  That is your only solution.  I said, but this was a new battery two weeks ago.  THE PHONE is broken, it wrecks the battery.  Do I have to come to the store every two weeks for the next year for a new battery? Really?  He said yes.  So, I give up Sprint.  You win.  I will be in your stores, asking for a new battery every two weeks for the next year.  Your employees will have to listen to me bitch and moan every time I am there.  Everyone I know knows my phone is terrible,  and I probably won't get their text.  I will just go ahead and spend $200 a month on something useless.  And of course I will let every single person I know exactly what to expect from you. And my Facebook friends.  And my employer.  Next year hopefully they will drop you from the discount plan and pick up another carrier.  Don't care who.  Can't be any worse than you. 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

I feel your pain so much. There customer service ppl are nice but suck ass. And they Lie... I went there last year at the begganing was great I had a low discount and good pricing. My phone never had anyreal problem except it turns off and starts over which suck, but I have Hyperhadrosis which doesnt help So when I sweat. itll start over and reset. anyway On May 15 (a few weeks ago.) I went to go pay a bill I was going to be out of town with my boyfriend but wanted to go ahead and just pay the bill. So I had $60 and I have a Bank of america Account I changed my Checking account to ebanking that same week, it was working up to that day and so i had that number routing account still from my bank. I also had $40 in my account. I paid not relazing the account changed on my account and it was in processing mode. I need a new routing number. I had call the customer service that day to make sure and inform them and to see if it went through. I was supposed to pay $26.80. They told me yes everything is fine. I was like ok cool, so I went down to la work perfectly got back and on the 18th called to make sure cause i noticed it wasnt gone through got a txt saying i own 5 dollars, i was like what the? i paid them. called them up they said no its just if u wanna buy something like ringtone or a game on the phone. I was like ok and 21st I got a weird txt saying i need to pay for my account called again to make sure it went through they said yes it did. Later that night it turned off. So I called a third time and i got another txt saying I own them $47.80. I totally felt ripped off. I was like OMG I dont have that money. I called them up again the guy was fighting with me and said i owe 47.80. I was F***** Pissed! So I told him. I dont have the money, he said when can u pay? I said two weeks. Thatll be my next paycheck. So he said ok. I went without service except ppl can call me now. it sucked and had no txting. for a week. I finally got my check and the last guy i talked to He must not informed anyone cause now on my account it didnt say how much i owe, I made sure i payed what he told me. Went to the store and now to pay at the store its an extra 3 dollars. To me that reduclous. It should be free since ur comming all the down there anyway. so I paid it the man there said the service should be restored in 2 hours. I said ok. I waited 3 hours to make extra sure still no service called them up, 6th (theses are all diffenent men mind u.) man picked up the phone says u paid service should be turned on, irrated i said it wasnt. He said ok, Ill restore your service, then It was on. I feel if i hadn't called my service still would be off. So glad I called and Even today I still got a txt this morning telling me, I still owe them. I called them up for like the millionth time irrated it was a woman that answered this time sounded nice couldnt understand her. I think she had broken english but i wanted to make sure all was takin care of and I had the unlimited $69.00 data plan then I downgraded to the unlimited txting plan hope this takes care of the money and hope it stays reasonable but doubt it.  I hate there service not sure if i still owe them or if  they'll take more from me. But there diffently a rippoff and I going somewhere else once my plans up. I did like them at one point but this was the worst experience ever. and they do go up eveymonth on the price which is crazy not a single month do i have that i am paying the same amount. it just kept going up. Very frustrating

Highlighted
Journeyman

Four times i have tried to change/upgrade my phone what is wrong with sprint why why why

Highlighted

This phone is crap, they all broke down.

Highlighted
Master

CHINO_BONILLA,

Can you please tell me what happens when you attempted to change your phone? Are you getting any error messages?

*Stephanie B
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Where do I start Stephanie???

1. 1st attempt I walked into a Sprint Store and was told I needed to change into a FR-Amiily plan, I was very upset with the new plans.  No I was not going to advertise on Craigs list to get people to add to my plan to make it cheaper for me.  I felt like I had no choice and sprint was forcing this on us.

2. 2nd attempt I walked into a the Sprint Store in Panorama, CA determined to change to the new ridiculous FR-AMILY plan.  Walked in w/ the 3 people in the plan spent 2 hours waiting and picking out new phones.  At exactly 8:45 when I it was my turn the customer service rep said their system went down.  I had asked on several occasions during the 2 hour wait it's getting late you close at 9pm will you still be able to help us. They said of coarse. Well mysteriously at exactly "8:45pm" the system when down and they were not able to help.  I was told it happens often at 8:45pm.  What a coincidence.

3.  3rd attempted I made an appointment at the Sprint Store on Brand in Glendale CA.  We walked in determined to get a new phone even if we had to pay $800 each.  We decide we are going w/ the new FRAMILY plan and choose the Galaxy 5s.  The rep spends 20 minutes trying to sell us cases.  Brings every case the store has to offer and can't stop talking about how much we need a case.  We decide no cheaper on amazon and i don't care for 1 year warranty on case it doesn't break the phones break.  She says ok before proceeding mind you this is 45 minutes after we have told her we want Galaxy 5s she comes back and says we are all out of phones! I was livid!!! I explained how it was my 3rd attempt and if she could call or check other stores she said I could Google other stores and call them myself.

4.  4th attempt (same day) I walk into Best Buy I am going to quite Sprint and go w/ another plan becasue this is ridiculous!  I encounter an extremely helpful Best Buy customer service person takes her 10 minutes to explain we can stay w/ sprint and old plan, we choose phones.  Can it be so quick and painless?  No it wasn't!!! The previous customer services person changed our plans and it will now take "5 days" to refresh our account and have us keep our same plan and buy phone at Best Buy!!! WHAT 5 DAYS!! How is that possible Sprint can shut down service in the blink of an eye but it takes them 5 days to refresh may account.  WHAT IS THIS??? is this accurate information.  Is Sprint really trying to get me to go somewhere else? Am I not taking the hint?

Highlighted
Master

CHINO_BONILLA -We understand this can be frustrating. We do not want to lose you as a customer. We recommend escalating this issue to the next level. Please contact us through private message. Please include a link to this post, your Sprint phone number, and your pin number or the answer to the security question. We'll see how we can solve this issue for you. -Ramiro Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Akrupp40,

Have you noticed that the sprintcare reps haven't addressed your issues? Just other people in your thread.

Sprint ignores me on a daily basis on the message  boards. They haven't answered my questions once.

The only people I've seen get any satisfaction have had to get the local news station involved. A "Five on your side" kind of a thing.

Otherwise, get ready to be ignored more by sprint. That's exactly how this company operates, and why they won't answer any of my questions.

p.s. I love that you have one sprint store telling you another sprint store lied to you.

Do you know who is accountable for that? Who is responsible for providing you with a remedy?

No one. It should be Sprint. But no one will. Ever.

I'm only a few months away from getting out of my contract. I can't wait. After ten years, I can't get out fast enough.

Also, Go Pack, Go! (I'm a shareholder)

Highlighted
Journeyman

FYI

6 - 6th attempt walk again into Best Buy, since I called earlier in the day to refresh both accounts so I can be eligible for the renewal/upgrade.  Surprised at helpful Sprint Customer Service Rep helped out then called supervisor and tops took 30 mins to refresh accounts...or so I thought.  I walk back into Best Buy yes new phones...uggh staying with sprint guess what only 1 number was refreshed. 

Today I called Sprint in the am to "refresh" account to be eligible for 2 year upgrade/renewal (since really ignorant Sprint customer service Rep at the Glendale, CA store messed up my eligibility) and the customer service rep was not helpful at all then said I will take care of it and forwarded me to a Customer Service Rep in a really bad mood that kept screaming I can't hear you...of coarse you can't I have a bad phone, I've been trying to upgrade for 2 months but it turns out Sprint HATES ME.   Finally she said I"ll have to call you in 2 hours when your phone is "refreshed" called me back and now they claim I can walk into Best Buy to upgrade... STAY TUNED!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know what your going through.  I had similar issues with my S4, so they had me swap it through insurance.  Once that was done about 2 weeks if not sooner, the same issues. After billions of calls and time wasted to fix a phone, only to find out they ( meaning SPRINT ) never change the esn serial nvumber from the original S4 to the swapped one so services were not available.  Which left me with no phone, so it left me a choice to add a line,  then cancel it when the issue was fixed. After 4 days no response i called customer care they tried to contact the store where the issue and transaction took place, only to be placed on hold and forgotten then disconnected.  That agent referred me to another store and assured me they could fix it. So that day i went and to much surprise i was able to upgrade the s4, return the added line and walk out no drama. Now that was October 31, 2014 . Now here it is February 2015, and that canceled line was added to my account for payment,  ( oh by the way i am on the easy pay plan and pay monthly installments) so from the time of the canceled line til now they want me to pay the installment plus late fees or my current account will be disconnected.  Ok here is the best part i paid my bill same as i do every month, only this time the payment was transferred to to the canceled line ( oh the line was canceled on 11/04/14)  and left a balance due with a message tell me my service will be interrupted if payment isnt made today. First i had no idea that the payment was there, plus i had no notification that they did that. Second the line was returned and canceled within the 14 day period and i have recireceipts to prove it. For me, in passed months paying the prorated charges , getting plan straightened out, dealing with there new and improved way to [inappropriate word removed] there customers, i had it i think its time to go back to the lawyer i talked to about this anyway, its time to leave them. I am definitely a unsatisfied customer.

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat