cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems with the Replenish going into DATA ROAMING mode.

Journeyman

I have had a Blackberry and HTC Hero and have never had them go into DATA ROAMING mode.  I have had my Replenish for less than two weeks and it has done this 5 times.  I am not going anywhere that is out of the Sprint area or anywhere I out of my normal routine.  Infact, my Replenish did it two times yesterday.  Has anyone else had this issue?

8 REPLIES
Wizard

Have you tried to update the profile, if your phone is not provisioned correctly it can cause these types of issues. Here are the steps in case: Press home>menu>tap settings>select about phone >tap system updates>tap update profile

Journeyman

Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately, there was no update.

Wizard

Update profile does not check for an update like a software or firmware update, it re-provisions the phone.  When you press update profile you should see a screen pop up on your phone that says "device configuration, the network is preparing your services..." and will tell you that it's complete once it has finished refreshing.  Did you maybe select the wrong option?

Journeyman

I had previously tried updating all updates when it first started roaming.  And it continues to do so.  I should have made myself more clear in my last email.  Although, just to be safe, I again updated everything including profile. 

Thank you for your help again.

Journeyman

I, too, have had my Replenish go into data roaming mode -- while sitting in my house, while only a few miles from home... It's annoying & every time it did it (when the phone was not in use, was holstered), it would give me a notification (beep).

It hasn't done it for a while, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it do it again. I've run all manual updates (at least once a week -- and I got the phone the week after they came out).

Journeyman

Has anyone found a solution to this?

We have an unlimited everything plan on my phone, so data roaming doesn't matter. But I was just on my first trip away from my "home" area in an area where there's very spotty cell coverage. Every few minutes my phone would beep 3x to tell me it was in data roaming area. I can't find how to stop it from telling me it's roaming by the beeping tone -- there's nothing that enables me to shut off that ONE notification that I can find in the phone settings. It drove us NUTS for two days.

Also, my phone seemed to be REALLY hot today, even though it was holstered and not in use, and the battery drained within two hours of being unplugged. I'm wondering if all that beep-beep-beeping was draining it?

I want to shut off the data roaming beeping notification. Help!

Journeyman

Re: Having problems with the Replenish going into DATA ROAMING mode.

I also have a problem with the Replenish going into Data Roaming mode while the phone and I are sitting perfectly still. Others have noted it as well...for over a month now according to these board postings. Wondering if anything will be done by the powers that be? I did do the updates as noted on June 17 above, to no avail. My phone is also very warm to the touch. I don't want to get dinged for excess roaming, but this is not my fault. Guess I'll find some time to call Tech Support soon before it becomes a real issue...

Message was edited by: dilori

Journeyman

Same issue here.  No solution yet.