cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard symbols

Journeyman

Keyboard symbols

I was just sending a text message and accidentally hit the shift key and the FN key, when I hit the "N" key I got a Spanish symbol, I check some of the other letters and they had different ones too, I was trying to find out if there was a list to show what these symbols are. These are not the same as on the Sym pop-up.I was wondering if there were other things like this that I don't kow about?

4 REPLIES
Master

Keyboard symbols

Do you mean on the android keyboard or on the built-in keyboard?  Also, on the built-in keyboard I am not able to reproduce any special characters by holding down Function/Shift and pressing N.

-John

Journeyman

Keyboard symbols

I am not sure which keyboard is which, I am talking about the one that is like a regular keyboard, not the one on the touch screen. You don't hold the keys down, just press the FN(the little symbol pops up on the text area), then press the shift, and it changes that symbol to a different one, then press one of the alphabet letters and the different symbol shows up. for example, in message mode, I press FN, then press shift, then the letter T, I get the symbol for English pounds, The letter Y becomes the upside-down !. Not all the letters have one.

Master

Keyboard symbols

If you look in the manual on page 50:

http://shop.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/samsung/replenish/samsung_replenish_ug.pdf

There are pages and pages that refer to the QWERTY keyboard.  It talks about using the FN key.  I didn't see what you are looking for exactly...but still it may provide you with some more information.  

-John

Highlighted
Journeyman

Keyboard symbols

Thanks, John, I didn't find anything for it either, but at least I was able to download the manual.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.