cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Replenish shuts off constantly

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Replenish shuts off constantly

Thank You! I have the the insurance plan. Hopefully it is just the battery, but the other symptom is the battery overheats.

Highlighted
Wizard

andrew9201,

Your best option is to take your device to your nearest Service and Repair location.  They will be able to run diagnostics on the device to determine the root cause of the issue.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine started shutting down about a month ago. Even after I charge it, I'll browse the web for a minute or 2 then it just turns off. I turn it back on & it says dead battery. Hook it up & it's at full charge. It stays on while it's hooked up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just left the Sprint Store.  Was told the battery is bad.  I'm out of warranty, not due for upgrade until May.  AND, they don't sell batteries there.  Very unhappy with this situation.  Have only had the phone for 1 1/2 years.  Since this is an ongoing problem with so many people, they need to start  fixing the issue and/or replacing these batteries. I'm not even a huge cell phone user, just VERY basic.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just left the Sprint Store.  Was told the battery is bad.  I'm out of warranty, not due for upgrade until May.  AND, they don't sell batteries there.  Very unhappy with this situation.  Have only had the phone for 1 1/2 years.  Since this is an ongoing problem with so many people, they need to start  fixing the issue and/or replacing these batteries. I'm not even a huge cell phone user, just VERY basic.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Wizard

fitz1231,

Thank you for using the Sprint Community to voice your questions and concerns.  I'm very sorry to hear that you've been experiencing so many issues with your battery.  If it's been determined that you are experiencing a battery issue, you can always go through the manufacturer for assistance with the battery warranty.  That being said, it's pretty easy to find batteries for a low price.  Of course, I wouldn't be able to support or make recommendations, but a quick look on Amazon came up with the below results.  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.  Hopefully, this is helpful to you.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Replenish-M580-Battery-EB504465LA/dp/B007MPKDQ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid...

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

me and my husband both have a "replenish" and we are both experiencing the sudden shutting down, it is not the battery as was posted by others, my husband took his phone in to a store, they send him a new battery, and he is still having issues.  Shortly after he got the new battery, my phone started having the same problem.... I don't want to go to the store just for them to give us new batteries again when that is obviously not the issue. Can you help?

Highlighted
Journeyman

me and my husband both have a "replenish" and we are both experiencing the sudden shutting down, it is not the battery as was posted by others, my husband took his phone in to a store, they send him a new battery, and he is still having issues.  Shortly after he got the new battery, my phone started having the same problem.... I don't want to go to the store just for them to give us new batteries again when that is obviously not the issue. Can you help?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have decided this phone is simply garbage. Our 2-year contract is ALMOST half over and we have had the EXACT same problems that all of you are having: continuous reboots, replacing the phone within three months of receiving it, replacing the battery twice, automatically shuts itself off, the list goes on and on. Extremely frustrating and absolutely a waste of money and my time. Honestly think that Sprint and many of the phone manufacturers are giving us faulty products to send us back to their stores and increase their sales either through a replacement phone, which will also turn out to be garbage, or charging inflated "repair" costs that can "only be performed" by them. Not happy at this point especially since a replacement phone is "refurbished" and will likely have the same problems and a new one without an upgrade is almost equal to a mortgage payment.

Highlighted

GONTARZ

Oh no! I definitely do not like what I am reading here. I apologize about the experiences you have had with your device. You stated your contract is almost up; have you looked into seeing if you're eligible to buy out the rest of your contract so you can upgrade early? If not, you can private message with your account name, number and pin or answer to security question and I will be more than happy to take a look into this for you!

Let me know.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING that the shutting down issue with the Repliinish phone seems to be happening.  I can only imagine that there are more people out there who are unaware that this thread even exists.

As a customer of Sprint for nearly 15 years or so, I've been reluctant to switch serves out of loyalty and a lack of desire to deal with the hassle of cancelling my contract and starting with another carrier only to experience a different set of issues.

Realistically, who ever monitors this forum most likely doesn't have the authority to make any impact to provide solutions.  Sadly, there will most likely be strict adherance to company policy, blame shifting towards the manufacturer (of this or any other phone) or being pawn off to a service center. 

With so many advancements in technoloy, it would seem logical that a consumer could have a phone last longer than the contractI am not paying for a new battery and the $150 towards an upgrade is ridiculously low, considering the costs of phones.  I don't need a smart phone... especially one that isn't smart enough to work consistently.

I understand that I am one of many customers that will probably never get heard and I'll end up paying to upgrade a phone.  Often considered getting rid of my cell phone all together. I'd be suprised if I got some type of response other than what I've seen in this thread

Whatever happened to customer service?  Have we gotten so advanced as a society that common sense business practices of taking care of the customer has been buried under the bottom line, policies and executives so out of touch because they are so busy in meetings to roll out the next campaign that posts like these don't even get read!

Some of these excecutives need to get into these service centers and listen to their customers!  Seriously!  I avoid those places because of the amount of time that I spend waiting, just to be sold on something I don't want or need!

Sincerely... one disappointed and loyal Sprint customer, considering leaving!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat