cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Replenish shuts off constantly

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Replenish shuts off constantly

I recently started having a problem with my Samsung Replenish whereby it shuts down by itself.  Of course this happened a few days after the 1 year anniversary of having received the device, so to the best of my knowledge, it no longer is under the manufacturer warranty.  The problem does not occur when the device is plugged into the charger.  At first, it seemed like the battery was dying, but when the device is restarted, it shows the battery to be nearly full.  I can tell there is good connectivity between the contacts on the battery and those on the device.  I tried a factory restore, but the device continues to shut itself down when it is not plugged in.  There are no third party apps installed on the device.  It only has the software that came with the device when I did the factory restore, so there is no chance of a virus or a faulty app.  Is there any solution other than to replace?

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted

EPCanja

I definitely understand and feel what you're saying; thank you for posting your feelings on this. I am here to help in any way I possibly can. If there is something you need assistance with please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Guess what?  Same exact thing is happening to my phone.  Battery is fine.  I know if I bring it in I'm going to waste hours fighting over what obviously is a phone with a serious defect.

Krishel - Can't Sprint show some care to its customers and stand behind a product it sells by giving people money back / upgrades to a phone that actually works??  Sadly I've been a customer for 15 years.  Earlier on when I had issues with Sprint they actually helped me out.  Now the company is so poorly managed that I know I'll just get run around like I was when trying to get Sprint to honor the discount on this phone in the first place!

Anybody got any ideas out there?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have two Samsung Replenish phones, and both of them are having the same problem. Randomly shuts off. It has been more than a year, so I am out of the warranty period. Either buy a new batter, which may or may not solve the problem, or patiently wait few more months to terminate account and move to another provider. I will go with the latter, had enough of Sprint's excellent customer care (not) for 11 years.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This phone sucks! It shuts off all on it's own at least once a day. I've had it for a year and a half and this just started. It comes up at least once a week saying storage is low yet I don't have any kind of apps or anything on it. It let's me take pics but won't send them. I have ordered a new battery off of amazon so we will see if that helps but after reading other reviews I don't think it will. My contract isn't up til May so hopefully it will hold up til then. I always upgrade to phones that will be free to me or less than $50 so I know not to expect much but I do expect it to work and do what it is suppose to. This is the worst phone I have ever gotten from sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the exact same problem. Except that the ongoing network "upgrade" makes it even worse. While the phone is plugged in charging it looks for network connectivity. Eventually it overheats and the phone prints a message that due to "extreme heat" or "extreme cold" it is suspending charging. The phone is literally hot to the touch. When I unplug it I can send a text or read an email and then it shuts off. I was told by Sprint that this phone was my only affordable option when I replaced my broken LG Rumor (which worked just fine). I trusted the sales person. Bad mistake, I've been paying ever since. Speaking of paying, my wife called Sprint about the network problems (she has the same issue on her LG) and they said - yes, we are upgrading the network and that is causing outages. I haven't noticed any outages on my bill though. Ultimately, the thermal cycling while searching for the network has probably shortened the life of my battery (and this garbage phone) considerabley. Thanks much Sprint...I really can't say how much I appreciate the network "upgrade" (hilarious as in the end my borough still won't have 4G - imagine a boro of NYC without 4G and you have Staten Island...) and the broken phone. I find myself asking, "what exactly am I paying for?"

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have five Replenish phones.  I got all the same ones last time I upgraded.  I liked that they were a green alternative.  However, EVERY ONE OF THEM starting having problems at the same time.  For two of them it was the battery.  The other three?  Your guess is as good as mine.  I also had an issue finding a new battery.  I understand that you can go back to the manufacturer or search online.  But, I didn't buy the phone directly from the manufacturer, I BOUGHT IT FROM SPRINT!  IT SAYS SPRINT RIGHT ON THE TOP OF THE FLIPPING PHONE!  If you're going to put your name on a device/product, you are obligated to support it.  That means stocking these items in your stores.

Fortunately, it's time to upgrade so I can get rid of these pieces of junk!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just purchased a replacement battery from ebay.  It is exactly the same as the battery I presently have.  When I installed battery and attempted to charge the battery, I received an error message that battery is unsupported.  How do I resolve this issue?

Highlighted
Master

7terry,

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue with the replacement battery. Have you tried contacting Samsung support to find out why the battery is giving you this error? Have you also tried stopping by one of your repair centers? WWW.SPRINT.COM/storelocator  .

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have replaced my replenish at least 3 times and I am afraid that I am about to have to replace it again.  I get the same issue when charging (unsupported battery see manual) nothing is in the manual about the unsupported battery.  It truly is annoying because i like this phone but it truly a pain in the butt...

Highlighted
Master

Cookie6712:

Thanks for reaching out to us and Id; be happy to look into this for you.

Are you using the same battery in each devoice or is each device coming with a new battery? Are you getting this error immediately after activating the device or is it after you download and install a number of applications? Are you running a downloaded battery monitoring application?

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat