cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about getting this phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Advice from those who have this phone.... I currently have a HTC Hero and it locked my out day before yesterday and I had to start all over with contacts.  When I went to the store for help they said it would probably do this from now and I'd have to do a hard restart on it.  I don't like the fact that I don't have a physcial key board on the HTC but I like the speed.  Should I keep my phone or upgrade how does the Replenish compare?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

I just got the Replenish yesterday. My initial reaction was that it was a little sluggish, but I also have to consider that I'm coming from an HTC Arrive, which is probably THE quickest and THE smoothest interface I have seen outside of IOS based devices. That being said, I changed my updates so that I'm only downloading the past three days of information (so I'm not maintaining a bulky inbox and calendar) and it seems to be working more smoothly... or maybe I'm just getting used to it.

Having said that, I think the move from the Hero to the Replenish is a more lateral move than from an Arrive, so you may actually see little if any difference in the performance.

I must say that I REALLY like the keyboard. I am an avid Swype user and advocate, but the keyboard on the Replenish is, IMHO, very good and responsive. Even with my sausage fingers, I have had very few 'fat-finger' issues... and for the price, it's a pretty great deal. Additionally, if you are in to the whole green movement, you really can't go wrong with this device. 90% recycled materials, and an optional solar-charging back cover (sold separately).

I have my favorite handsets in the "high end" category as well as the "mid-range/entry level" group, and I am excited to see how this compares to my current #1 mid-range choice (the LG Optimus S). So far, i'm in the honeymoon phase, so I am still working out the kinks. I'll let you know more next week after I've had a full weekend of goofing around with it.

Good luck!

D

Highlighted
Journeyman

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Replenish. I'm not a greenie-weenie - I couldn't care less if it's made with recycled materials, though if they're able to do it at a lower-than-normal-recycling cost, then good for them.

I do like the idea of the solar charger -- no more worries on whether I've remembered to charge my phone before a long trip, or if the power's out, it's not an issue (though I don't have the solar charger yet).

The phone is just as quick as my old Palm Centro phone (which was my first "smartphone", and what I had before this one).  I love that it can play YouTube videos without loading a separate app.  I haven't had any problems with the internet browser or the facebook app, and there are plenty of functional programs available free and low-cost on the Market link.

I've only experienced ONE problem that is a frustration for me -- it's giving me error messages when it attempts to sync my calendar on the phone to my google calendar online. Since syncing my calendar *somewhere* was one of the main reasons I got the phone in the first place, this is a frustration for me. I need my calendar "backed up" in case something happens to my phone. 

It does come in a 4G package, as well as 3G and that might help with speed issues, I dunno.

Anyway, aside from the syncing trouble I'm having (everything else syncs - contacts, gmail, photos, just not the calendar), I LOVE the phone.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello WENLOM, I'm please to see you like the phone, I want to know which error messages you are seeing for the calendar. where and when do you see them?

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Check out this thread for help with the Google calendar sync issue...

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/293723#293723

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Highlighted
Journeyman

CzechPleaz -

Yeah, that's my thread.  

(It's all solved.)

Thanks!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat