Whether in the specific YouTube viewer that came installed on Replenish, or while using the Browser, any time I attempt to view a YouTube video, I receive a message that the video cannot load or play.
In the YouTube viewer, the error message says, "There was a problem while playing. Touch to retry."
In the Browser, on the YouTube site (or on any YouTube embedded video on any other site), the error says, "Cannot play video. Sorry this video cannot be played."
I don't recall changing any settings that might affect that aspect of my phone.
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
Couple of questions, then some ideas.
First, is it only with high quality videos or all videos? Second, Have you tried clearing the application cache?
Now the ideas. You can clear the application cache by going into settings > applications > manage applications > YouTube > Clear cache/Clear data.
Try switching to WiFi and watching the same video. If it plays normally you may have an issue with the data in your area. If this is the case send me a PM and I'll help you figure it out.
It was *any* video, regular or HQ.
I hadn't tried clearing the YouTube application cache, so I did that. Then I tried watching a YouTube video first using Browser, then using the YouTube app: same errors.
Hooked it up to our wifi (hadn't tried that at home) - and it works if it's using wifi -- videos will play in both the Browser and on the YouTube app.
I'll PM you... Thanks.
Not yet. CliffyMcj is working with me on it. When we figure it out, I'll post what worked to solve the problem. Unless you have ideas/suggestions? Thanks!
It sounds like the problem has been isolated as I can play any videos while on wifi. Should have searched this thread before calling support - they walked me through a hard reset which of course did not help. Hopefully, someone notifies support the next person doesn't have to do an unnecessary reset.
Today is the day!
I spent 45 minutes on the phone with a Sprint technical services person -- we did the only thing we hadn't done yet: hard reset. NOPE. Didn't work.
Funny thing happened though... After my phone was all reset, updated, reinstalled, and I was putting it back to "MY" preferences... I got a notice from Market that there was a manual YouTube update available.
And guess what?! I ran that update & NOW MY PHONE CAN PLAY YOUTUBE VIDEOS AGAIN ON 3G, both in the Browser and in the YouTube app!!!!
I wonder if it worked for my phone because mine had *just* been factory/hard reset? I was hoping that it was simply the update - that it'd fix everyone's problem.
As much of a pain in the butt it is to factory reset it (I made a list of my favorite apps and made sure all my needed documents were on my SD card and backed up to my computer), it may be worth it if you really want YouTube to call Sprint and have them walk you through a factory reset (unless you don't need to be walked through and can do it on your own, that is!)
I hope everyone elses issue is solved soon. (And that this really was "THE" fix -- who knows, I may be posting back here later today that it's not working again... Since I've seen posts on the other two boards about that happening....)
Good luck to everyone.
I'm sorry you're still experiencing the issue, I am going to send you a private message. I believe the issue you're experiencing is related to a network configuration bug affecting a small group of our customers related to streaming media.
I have this exact same issue. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, everything. So what you guys are saying is that a factory reset is the fix? I don't believe this is an issue on Sprints end but I feel like I am paying for something I'm not receiving
This issue is most likely linked with the deep software of the phone, and your going to need to contact Sprint and do a little bit of footwork.
First, Call Customer Care, inform them of your issue your having, and have them transfer you to tech support.
When you get to tech support your going to have to reset your phone, hard reset, clear caches, etc.
When they find out that it still doesn't fix the issue request them to send you a phone of the same model in exchange for the current device which has proved to be defective.
If the same issue happens with the new phone - you'll know its the phone and not the app.
Source: Worked for Sprint 3 years