Samsung Transform Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EB28
- Android 2.2 Froyo OS
- 3G WiFi hotspot
- Ability to install applications to external storage
- Improved Bluetooth device support
- Improved OS performance
- Swype added as default keyboard
- EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) enhancements
- Support for remote wipe of the device
- Set Out of Office message from the device
- Add or edit email signature
- Accept/decline/tentatively accept meeting requests
- Delete calendar meeting requests and notify participants
- Modify calendar meeting (change date/time, add/remove participants) and notify
- Corporate directory contacts search while composing email
- new password policies (allow simple password, require alphanumeric, expiration,
minimum length, password history, maximum failed password attempts,
inactivity time lock, complex characters, password recovery)
- Intermittent activation of Search short cut keys
- Landscape mode while at the Home Screen
- Sprint ID may be installed by customer after activation,impacts new devices only
- Google Syncing issus
- Software version is: S:M920.06 S.EB28
- Download and install time is approximately 10 minutes
- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 4 days
- Refer to the Samsung Transform Maintenance Release blog for install instructions
Congrats Sprint! Only took you roughly 3 months past when you said it would originally be available by (Originally stated to be available by end of 2010). Better late than never? Of course, you are only rolling it out in batches and my phone doesn't show an update available yet...so we shall see.
I finally get enough balls to root my phone and reinstall all my apps, now I have to flash back to stock in order to get the update. Oh well, I'm just happy it's finally here.
The instructions do not work. If I have to wait on a link something to be sent to me please remove the instructions on how to update my software. I assume that notification will tell me. This is very frustrating.
Very cool to hear it's finally here. On a personal note, I woke this morning with this CLEARLY on my mind & what do I do? I forget my phone on the night stand plugged into the charger lol
I'll see what happens when I get home later tonight.
Have fun with the update to those who received it & Thank You Sprint for releasing this & Thank You Joel for your tips on the credit. It was much appreciated.
i dont know anybody who has gotten the update either and my mom has the epic....with 2.1 still. and yeah the manual update crap doesnt work, i to woke up this morning hoping to look at my phone and see an update notification....but didnt see any. im seriousley on the edge of my seat for this update because im stuck with this phone and i have been promised an update twice with no return.
The update won't wipe your phone, but it's always good to do a backup prior to an upgrade.
I'm hearing that the OTA updates are being ramped up very slowly, so hang in there and let us know when you've received it.