Samsung Transform Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EB28
- Android 2.2 Froyo OS
- 3G WiFi hotspot
- Ability to install applications to external storage
- Improved Bluetooth device support
- Improved OS performance
- Swype added as default keyboard
- EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) enhancements
- Support for remote wipe of the device
- Set Out of Office message from the device
- Add or edit email signature
- Accept/decline/tentatively accept meeting requests
- Delete calendar meeting requests and notify participants
- Modify calendar meeting (change date/time, add/remove participants) and notify
- Corporate directory contacts search while composing email
- new password policies (allow simple password, require alphanumeric, expiration,
minimum length, password history, maximum failed password attempts,
inactivity time lock, complex characters, password recovery)
- Intermittent activation of Search short cut keys
- Landscape mode while at the Home Screen
- Sprint ID may be installed by customer after activation,impacts new devices only
- Google Syncing issus
- Software version is: S:M920.06 S.EB28
- Download and install time is approximately 10 minutes
- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 4 days
- Refer to the Samsung Transform Maintenance Release blog for install instructions
are we going to get an updater download eventually? lots of people are having problems with the update and an option to reflash would probably fix alot of these.
Yes, this is happening to me as well. Lost my signal tonite and it didn't come back until i rebooted the phone. Also, the viberating bug thing is happening alot on my phone amoung other new quirks. I hate to say this but eclair was working better. =(
I almost miss my Moment, this update has almost bricked my phone. I am not happy with Sprint in the least. I have considered breaking my contract and going to T-Mobile. At least their Droids work.
since the update I am having a lot of issues with freezing, vibration issues, very slow with few app's, and my GPS can no longer track my location properly. This has led to some very very frustrating moments. what a terrible entry level android phone. it would definitely give people a terrible impression of Android if this was their first.
modded 2.2.2 eb28 is way better than anything 2.1 and better than the ported 2.2 stuff. my phone is the best its been since i got it.
i still think sprint should release a downloadable updater so people could re-flash to complete stock because for the ones who are having problems, that would fix most cases. not everyone can just run down to the nearest sprint store and have them do it. plus that method would be the most likely to work properly. to much room for error in an OTA.
Anyone have a guide for this? My Transform has been transformed into an unusable paperweight for the most part. If I power cycle it, it's better for awhile, but gets progressively worse with passing hours to the point things crash, it takes 20 seconds to respond to a 'keypress', the haptic feedback thing seems to go haywire whenever it wants to, etc.
I'm am an exceptionally displeased Sprint customer right now...
in the release it says 3g wifi hotspot. does that mean our transforms are now wifi hotspots and if so i dug around in my settings and i don't see how to turn this on. of course i must admit that im not android savvy.
My Transform is doing the same things since the update. I just reinstalled the id package. Had to plug it in so the battery wouldn't die during the process. About ready to do a hard reset on it but don't want to have to reload all my stuff. Took so long this morning to get a traffic report that I was at work before it even came up! Very frustrated. Glad I'm not the only one having issues since the update release.