cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

It has been far too long of a wait, and as a long-standing customer, I would like to be heard. We need the Android to be updated on the Samsung Transform from 2.1 to 2.2, this has gone on long enough. By the time you actually give us 2.2, everyone else will be on 2.3. There isn't much incentive to buy a phone if the LARGE company that sells it isn't willing to keep it updated. It is ridiculous that tiny companies like Metro PCS already have droid phones on 2.2, while SPRINT is still pushing them stock with 2.1. Consider your customers, and give us the upgrade, please.

Sidenote about the Transform: What is the point of a front-facing camera if you can't use it for video chat?

Message was edited by: takashistorm11

887 REPLIES 887
Journeyman

Re: Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Excellently stated!

2.2 was supposed to happen before year-end.  tick-tock!

Journeyman

I bought Samsung Transform based on sprint's own press release saying "Equipped with the Android 2.1 operating system (but scheduled for an        upgrade to 2.2 later this year)". This was from sprint's website here: http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=1662

I would like to see it happen since android 2.1 is useless to me because California law requires hands free calling. Right now when wanting to make a call I can't just press call button on my bluetooth headset to make any voice calls. I can't even answer a phone call with my headset.  I can't believe a phone that is 4 years newer then my old Samsung A920 (replaced by Transform)  doesn't have Voice over Bluetooth working while my old phone does.

So to sum it up, please upgrade Samsung Transform to android 2.2 by year end so Voice over Bluetooth will work, don't make me regret buying a transform.

Message was edited by: YEHAHA99

Journeyman

My wifes phone just keeps rebooting and I am told that its because of 2.1 and 2.2 fixes it. Why did you sell me a defective phone? When are you going to fix your mistake?

Journeyman

I too would hope that Sprint will honor their commitment of 2.2 before the end of the year.  I know this concern has been expressed across multiple Android / Samsung Transform forums across the web.  While I understand the process takes time I hope Sprint understands the necessity of maintaining their customers' support and loyalty.

Journeyman

I got this phone a couple of days ago as a replacement for my Moment that had problems. I like most everything about it. The main thing that needs to be fixed is the landscape issue. I'm sick of googling things sideways. I could care less about the hotspot, because it is overpriced and I wouldn't use it enough to make it worthwhile. I don't really like the placement of the buttons or the iD softkey. I always accidentally hit the wrong key.

On a side note, has anyone ever had the phone repeatedly back out of apps? I get that every now and again. I am concerned that this being basically a new version of the Moment, it is going to adopt the same treatment of denying issues and taking forever to halfway fix them.

Journeyman

Mine also backs out of an app frequently, so it is probably just a bug in the firmware. Another fun little bug, is that the phone will occasionally restart itself. And as I'm sure many of you have noticed, it doesn't exactly have the quickest boot time. The first time I turned it on, I thought it was broken (because it sat on the glowing Samsung screen for around 3 minutes).

Hopefully all of this can be fixed when Sprint honors the promise it made of a 2.2 upgrade before the end of the year. I am glad to see so many people in agreement about this issue. UPGRADE US NOW! or enjoy a bunch of used Samsung Transforms

Journeyman

i just got the transform and am awaiting the 2.2 update wich i  have seen is supposed to be out soon here however it is coming up quickly though we will see..... i hope so cause i think it will be cool i am awaiting the live backgrounds....

Journeyman

I just got this phone cpl days ago, I really like it but already i  experienced issues with apps not opening, not able to answer a call...  anyway Sprint promised Froyo by the end of the year, its now dec. 13,  cpl more weeks... i mean this $150 "midrange?" phone needs it bad and we  all do, what we dont need is Sprint employee giving us runaround about  Samsung and Google, (if you call Samsung or Google they will tell you  its up to Sprint) I'm not saying Sprint doesn't have to wait for them  but they sure didnt wait to sell this phone either...

Patron

Yea this is some BS. I got this phone as a replacement phone for the HTC touch Pro two. I should have just waited for the "Speedy" to come out it is basically the same phone but faster, better camara, and  of course 2.2.  I feel like I got juked with this phone it is not working correctly and I just got it. Few of the problems that I get is it automatically restarting by it self, not allowing me to answer the phone when people call, and freezing up a lot. Its not as bad as the Touch Pro 2 but it is getting there. If you are a heavy user of you phone you might want to stay away from this one because my bettery on this phone sicks. 6 hour of talk time my ass. I am two seconds from switching to verizon and my contract is up. Plus I can just get the quad package becuase I fios I.P.C. why not cell phone too and they are getting the Iphone 4 (If you could see my right hang now you would just see one finger)

Journeyman

Yeah, no kidding. This is a joke, and not the funny kind. I mean COME ON, 2.3 just got launched, and every other gawd d*mn Android phone released recently has been loaded with 2.2. Sadly, I was hoping since they stuck with 2.1 it would at least be a near flawless version of it. HA, right... Let's see the screen lock doesn't work correctly and when that happens the home key/keyboard lights flutter instead of stay on, sometimes my wi-fi just turns off and won't turn back on, there's no live wallpaper, the bluetooth will randomly shut off during phone calls. REALLY?! All this and I paid $150? Come on Sprint, work with Samsung ASAP and get 2.2 pushed out before year end. It can't be THAT difficult.

Additionally I am going to keep replying at least some kind of message in this thread each day until they update the Transform to 2.2. Who's with me?? 🙂

Journeyman

I am with you.  I purchased (4) transforms on the day after Thanksgiving and was told that all will be better with 2.2.  I contacted Samsung and they told me to contact Sprint.  I contacted Sprint and they told me that this is up to the supplier (Samsung).  A perfect circular reference.  This is not building a lot of confidence for my free 30 day trial.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat