cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Awesome. Do those solutions require a rooting to operate, or do Market-based solutions work with a stock Transform?

It just seems wierd that doing the manual boot selection is so bloody difficult. I've entered the boot menu in an Epic flawlessly - no accidentally shutting off the system by holding the power key. I don't know why getting to the Transform boot menu has to be part art, part luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@ AQUABLAZE - It depends on what you want to do in the terminal. Modding the system in any way pretty much requires root. If you have vamps kernel/recovery, you have root. I personally use connectbot to access the terminal.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When Sprint does update the Transfom, and yours is rooted/modded, will the update work?

I want to rewrite my Windows XP operating system after I'm done playing a game because there are saved games on my computer. If I root my phone now, can I store/copy the files on a flash drive so after I rewrite the O/S I could copy them from the flash drive to the computer?

Thanks, Mike

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too was told by Sprint sales that this phone was getting 2.2 by the end of the year. I'm really disappointed to see that this hasn't happened yet. Why is Sprint so behind the times when it comes to this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thats why I went with a free Lg Optimus S it has 2.2 already installed ,this is a real nice phone cons:no slide out keyboard,or flash but I think I can live without it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

at this point they may as well release either Gingerbread or Honeycomb for us, we're already behind the times of every other Froyo phone, and Sprint keeps telling me "they'll notify you when they have a release, they're working on it"..... okay, how come the intercept, a step lower than this phone has the update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I figure Im done with Samsung after this phone. I have an upgrade in 11 days and the HTC Evo Shift is out in 3. I am tired of every other brand/carrier being ahead of mine.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agrre to I am giving up on Sprint, wont tell you my Nightmare besides transform is good Phone for the price if they would just upgrade the fricking thing to 2.2.

COMEON SPRINT YOU RAE GOING TO LOSE MANY LOYAL CUSTOMERS HERE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Short Story yesterday I had to tell a sprint Tech how to upload CSV file with contacts to Gmail so i could get my Contacts to Sync with my phone since they could not figure out to get my contacts off my blackberry to my new Transform. This is my first Android with Sprint and very soon last.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I say we all ditch Sprint for Virgin....  Plans are cheeper...and it's the SAME NETWORK!

Plus, I bet they actually have customer SERVICE.  Not people collecting a paycheck to listen to you prattle on about needing their "help" "fixing" a problem.

The little woman's contract is up in 299 days.  I'm thinking about transfering her number off to Virgin.  I may just stick with sprint on the o-solo-mio plan.  Then again, if they keep it up....

Yeah, not thrilled with the customer disservice and p-o-s phones they provide without supporting them post sale.

I have family in the KC area...one who works at the Campus there......  I'd turn traitor on the company in a heartbeat with everything that I've been going through in the last few months.

Hands down the worst experience I've had with Sprint in my 10 years of being a customer.  AT&T is even looking inviting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Front camera: putting on makeup...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Virgin: Not really the same network. Virgin *only* uses Sprint towers. A bonafide Sprint phone will roam on Verizon towers if needed for free. Virgin/Boost CDMA will not.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat