cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

It has been far too long of a wait, and as a long-standing customer, I would like to be heard. We need the Android to be updated on the Samsung Transform from 2.1 to 2.2, this has gone on long enough. By the time you actually give us 2.2, everyone else will be on 2.3. There isn't much incentive to buy a phone if the LARGE company that sells it isn't willing to keep it updated. It is ridiculous that tiny companies like Metro PCS already have droid phones on 2.2, while SPRINT is still pushing them stock with 2.1. Consider your customers, and give us the upgrade, please.

Sidenote about the Transform: What is the point of a front-facing camera if you can't use it for video chat?

Message was edited by: takashistorm11

887 REPLIES 887
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the heads up, Vampirefo....

"The Samsung Indulge is the LTE enabled version of Sprint's Samsung Transform but will be powered by a 1GHz processor. Android 2.2 will be on board..."

Quoted directly from the article.....like I said, Sprint released a HALF COMPLETED  product and sold it with a promise, that they have not lived up to. This is what Transform should have been. Unfortunately for those of us who got suckered, it's not.

If the Indulge comes out and Sprint STILL has not released 2.2 for our Transforms, there's going to be ALOT more people upset with Sprint. There is no reason for the delay when 2.2 for Transform is already out there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here it is.... Drum Roll....dadudadada!!! The moment we've all been waiting for.

GOhttp://www.intomobile.com/2011/01/31/sprint-samsung-transform-froyo/ Techy Guys verify this information for us laymen.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I love how the open source community has been able to make a 2.2 port for the transform faster than Samsung has.

I'm so disappointed in Samsung, I like the Transform okay, but I'll never buy another phone from this company again because of the horrible software support.

I'm going to root mine and install this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The 2.2 port is still sort of a 'release canidate' according to their forum.  Basically it's a work in progress and not 100% tested/verified.

It is sad, and awesome at the same time, that the user community is quicker at getting 2.2 on this phone than Samsung/Sprint.

As a friendly reminder, if you are unhappy with the lack of an update please demand a service credit! This will get the message across to Sprint that it is going to cost them for not following through on promises!

Log into your account, go into the customer service chat, politely explain your situation, and demand a credit for this month!  I did it and explained it further on my blog.  I can't post my blog here because the moderators pull my post for not following the Sprint Guidelines by posting a link to a '3rd party site' even though others can post links to other sites without any issues.  Fair huh?  Thank goodness you all have Google, and you can google for Samsung Transform 2.2 update, and if you throw my user name in your search you'll find further details.

According to comments in this discussion, comments on my blogs, and other places, my blog post has cost Sprint at least a few hundred dollars, probably more.

Unfortunately the 2.2 rom is still a work in progress, but it will get better.  Just make sure you know what you are doing before you flash/root your phone, as it can brick the device.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have made 3 different attempts (online chat, phone call, and e-mail) to get a credit. I was polite about expressing my concerns, and all 3 times was denied a credit. I'm not sure how you guys, that have done this, are able to, but Sprint does not seem interested AT ALL in giving me a credit. And that just pisses me off even more.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Correct me if I'm wrong...doesn't flashing or romming your phone void the warranty? Even if it does, I am more than willing to give it a try, alas I am "technically challenged". I'd brick my phone in a heartbeat...lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

SUPER1975 wrote:

I have made 3 different attempts (online chat, phone call, and e-mail) to get a credit. I was polite about expressing my concerns, and all 3 times was denied a credit. I'm not sure how you guys, that have done this, are able to, but Sprint does not seem interested AT ALL in giving me a credit. And that just ****** me off even more.

How much of a credit did you ask for? Did you ask to talk to a supervisor? It's all about being persistant, but reasonable. If you are asking for more than 10% of your bill, you might have trouble.  Also, make sure you use clear and simple logic to explain your situation and don't take no for an answer.

And Vamp, flashing/rooting can void the warranty, I'm not sure specifically how/why. If you are going to do it, be willing to accept that you might have to buy a brand new phone out of contract (not cheap), and Sprint will slap that premium data fee on to your account for the new activation.  You have to weigh the risks vs reward of the situation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you have the protection warranty on your phone and your phone somehow stops working . I would use the microwave as a sure fire way for them not to able to prove that the phone was modified. There is no way that sprint would be able to tell if the phone was modified in anyway. If you do have that coverage that is the best option.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I didn't ask for a specific amount or percentage. I asked for a credit to be placed on my bill to offset the cost of a phone that doesn't work like it was promised to. I did not speak to a supervisor, however. I suppose I should call back and do that? Which department should I speak with, financial?

Highlighted
Journeyman

DSWINTON1 wrote:

I would use the microwave as a sure fire way for them not to able to prove that the phone was modified.

For the love that all is holy, just...NO. If you want to un-modify your phone, simply reflash the stock image and you're good to go. There's no need to put potential explosives in your microwave.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh, I am sorry should have mentioned to take the battery out before doing this and of course the risk of bodly injury. But it is a great stress reliever.

*Note only microwave under strict Adult supervision

**Only use the microwave in short bursts no more than 10secs at a time

*** Microwaves will vary

Highlighted
Journeyman

SUPER1975 wrote:

If the Indulge comes out and Sprint STILL has not released 2.2 for our Transforms, there's going to be ALOT more people upset with Sprint. There is no reason for the delay when 2.2 for Transform is already out there.

Like they'd care at that point. Most Transform owners are already into their contracts, so Sprint already has them on the hook for 2 years - update or not. We're now into the $10/month additional fee for all smartphones, so there's no reason for new customers to buy non-4G phones. The majority of their sales now (should) be the HTC Evo and maybe the HTC Evo Shift for those needing a keyboard. Sprint's focus will be there, and other phones support will need to feed on the scraps from the leftovers.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat