cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

It has been far too long of a wait, and as a long-standing customer, I would like to be heard. We need the Android to be updated on the Samsung Transform from 2.1 to 2.2, this has gone on long enough. By the time you actually give us 2.2, everyone else will be on 2.3. There isn't much incentive to buy a phone if the LARGE company that sells it isn't willing to keep it updated. It is ridiculous that tiny companies like Metro PCS already have droid phones on 2.2, while SPRINT is still pushing them stock with 2.1. Consider your customers, and give us the upgrade, please.

Sidenote about the Transform: What is the point of a front-facing camera if you can't use it for video chat?

Message was edited by: takashistorm11

887 REPLIES 887
Highlighted
Journeyman

**** Kids, get your parents permission first

***** Husbands, remind your wives that the worst case _could_ be a new microwave (or a trip to the ER)!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just hope that after the new samsung phone comes out (Feb 23rd?) that samsung will release the update for the transform. (being that it is the "same")

Highlighted
Journeyman

DSWINTON1 wrote:

Oh, I am sorry should have mentioned to take the battery out before doing this and of course the risk of bodly injury. But it is a great stress reliever.

*Note only microwave under strict Adult supervision

**Only use the microwave in short bursts no more than 10secs at a time

*** Microwaves will vary

All humor aside, there's just no reason to nuke/drown/crush your phone in order to do an exchange. Simply flash your phone with the Transform stock image - that's it. Nobody could then tell the difference between your phone and one fresh from the manufactuer's packaging. This is why rooting is awesome, provided you follow the steps/guides laid out before you. You can get cutting-edge Android features, and simply reflash back to stock when it's time for a matinence trip to Sprint. However, if you flash your phone's software with the latest Justin Bieber .MP3 (or any file not spelled out in flashing guides/FAQs), you may brick your phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

BABELF1SH wrote:

I just hope that after the new samsung phone comes out (Feb 23rd?) that samsung will release the update for the transform. (being that it is the "same")

Honestly, screw Samsungs at this point. They've put out far too many unfinished products with to-be-finished-later update due dates that come and go (but eventually show up). They sure as hell know how to make hardware candy, but their software support across the board of mobile devices is abysmal. Go LG or HTC - those manufacturers at least seem know how to maintain their Android OSes after product release.

Highlighted
Journeyman

so i just got off the phone with samsung support, and they told me that they have no idea where sprint got its info, when i told them that i was promised froyo by the end of last year, and the lady i talked to said she had no info about when, or even if froyo would ever be out for the transform at all, and she told me that there has never been any such announcement from samsung.......not sure if she just doesnt know what she is talking about, or maybe sprint just sold us all a load of bull...........

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow! this is a bunch of bull. I was told it would have Froyo by the end of the year when I bought mine in early Nov and it is right here on this forum posted by Sprint. I wouldn't of ported from Verizon if that was the case. I was recently getting out of space messages. I've deleted all the bloat and am using only one ID.

I clear everything all the time. Now after a boot I have 72.9 mb on phone memory. Stored all pics and vids offline. Sync errors, says it's not working but it does seem to be. Slow and unresponsive at times, camera turns to a green screen and requires reboot. Smetimes can't even hang up or answer a call. If I online, calls go straight to VM, seems there would be a setting for that, but I can't find it. I was looking at the EVO, but I absolutely refuse to pay for 4g when it isn't even available here. I even roam a block from the house and losing connection in the middle of a call. Not a happy camper at all. About the time I root, they'll have an upgrade.

Highlighted
Journeyman

People need to start filing class action lawsuits against these companies.  They duped consumers completely with FALSE ADVERTISING.    And like many people have said, I'm not paying an extra 10 dollars per month when we don't even have 4G in my city.  It's all a load of crap.  We pay Sprint 135 per month for our two phones.  As with the price of this phone, that's a LOT of money.  I'm probably paying the yearly salary for one worker in the third world country they have outsourced their customer "support" to. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well the 4g promo was a total failure, for Sprint. So with that said everyone will being paying the extra $10 soon, they will just up their rates across the board. There will be no more extra charge for 4g phones, cause we will all be forced to pay the extra charge, it just wont be called extra anymore just normal fee.

Sprint has the worst 4g out there, coverage is horribly limited, so most people simply chose the 3g phones seeing that's all the coverage they would get, this in turn hurt Sprints profit. Sprint expected making $10 a month off of millions of people and simply not supply them anything but 3g. So free money for Sprint but this failed, people just weren't willing to give Sprint extra money just for the heck of it.

So now Sprint has decided to simply raise rates force all customers to pay the extra money and still only provide them 3g. This is known as Spreading the LOVE.

Message was edited by: vampirefo

Highlighted
Journeyman

I assume those of us with a contract will not be paying the extra ten dollars- at least according to Sprint, but their ethical appeal has slipped quite a bit, so I suppose they can do whatever they want to the sap consumers.  So that's an extra 240 per year if you have two phones.  Canceling a contract is looking better and better. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, right now Sprint says only for new customers, but that can change at any time, I fully expect it to. Sprint wants more money bottom line they will raise rates to get it. Of course they will offer phone upgrades to current customers, at a cost of course, in case someone feels Sprint isn't living up to contract they signed. But in the end we will pay more but not get more, yeah Sprint will say some bs like the new 3g they offer is faster than the old 3g they offered, most people will honestly fall for it, Its the same 3g but cause Sprint says its faster some people will think it is.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well, that is not entirely true (depending on your definition of "new customers". The fee, which originally was only for 4G phone customers ($10 extra per month per phone), now applys to ANY newly activated smart phone that is activated on or after January 30th. From what I hear, this doesn't apply to newly activated smart phones that are the result of insurance.

Examples:

-You are eligable for a new phone next month (under contract or not) and you buy a smart phone (3G or 4G): Fee Applys

-Your phone breaks next month and you have insurance and they end up giving you a "new" phone: Fee doesn't appy

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is only temporary confusion, the end result Sprint wants everyone to pay more money, there may be a few loops but once Sprint has everything in place all customers new and old will be paying them more for the same old service.

But the sad thing is most people just want an update to their current phone, However Samsung and Sprint would rather customers buy a new phone, than update the one they currently have. Sprint and Samsung both knew that no update for Transform was coming out last year, but still allowed people to think so. both companies are working on newer phones, not last year models.

Message was edited by: vampirefo

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat