Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Journeyman

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

It has been far too long of a wait, and as a long-standing customer, I would like to be heard. We need the Android to be updated on the Samsung Transform from 2.1 to 2.2, this has gone on long enough. By the time you actually give us 2.2, everyone else will be on 2.3. There isn't much incentive to buy a phone if the LARGE company that sells it isn't willing to keep it updated. It is ridiculous that tiny companies like Metro PCS already have droid phones on 2.2, while SPRINT is still pushing them stock with 2.1. Consider your customers, and give us the upgrade, please.

Sidenote about the Transform: What is the point of a front-facing camera if you can't use it for video chat?

Message was edited by: takashistorm11

887 REPLIES 887
Journeyman

im pretty sure that i just got off of a chat with them and the guy i talked to, a Julian, said that the two people you guys talked to are liers......

Journeyman

1:56:42 PM :  Connected with Rebecca B.. Your Reference Number for this chat session is 2295248.

1:58:35 PM : Rebecca B.: As Transform update for 2.2 is not updated yet.

1:59:01 PM : Rebecca B.: Once it is, you will be able to get the notifications on the phone.

1:59:15 PM : Rebecca B.: As EPIC and Optiums phone users are getting.

1:59:46 PM : MOSELEY: do you have any estimated date?

2:00:25 PM : Rebecca B.: I am sorry, I will not be able to provide you and comment on that.

2:00:40 PM : Rebecca B.: Please be assured that you will receive the notification.

2:01:07 PM : MOSELEY: ok....do you have any idea why one of your representatives would tell someone else it would be the 28th?

2:01:24 PM : MOSELEY: the representatives name was Alex Ka

2:02:16 PM : Rebecca B.: Let me check it.

2:04:20 PM : Rebecca B.: Yes, I have checked that.

2:04:36 PM : Rebecca B.: I am sorry for that wrong information.

2:04:45 PM : Rebecca B.: I have taken the feedback.

2:05:15 PM : MOSELEY: alright....thanks anyway

2:05:51 PM : Rebecca B.: I am sorry again.

2:06:05 PM : Rebecca B.: I understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience.

Journeyman

I talked to a different agent who said I was misinformed, and there is no official release date. I even copied the other chat and showed them what was said.  I hope they were wrong, but if not I will be calling sprint with complaints.

Journeyman

Woah woah woah!  You're telling me Sprint support may or may not have a clue what's going on? Never would I have thought that Sprint was clueless.. /sarcasm.

No matter what a Sprint representitive tells you, untill they give some sort of official press release, don't hold your breath.

Of course when they gave a press release announcing the Samsung Transform they said in it that it would get the 2.2 update by the end of 2010.  So, anything Sprint says is not necessarily accurate or true.  So you can get your hopes up if you want about the 28th release date, but I'm not holding my breath.

Journeyman

i just got an email reply from a request i made and they confirmed it would be monday......so i guess everyone at sprint is confused....some of them say its monday others say that they cant say....ive gotten both responses today.....im crossing my fingers and hoping the positive response is true.....

Journeyman

I am happy to help you. Please hold a moment while I access your account.

18:07:32 : Frederick G.: A software update to EB15 2.2 Android (Froyo) will be available for the Samsung Transform (M920) starting on Monday, 2/28/11 .

18:08:24 : ME : and my cellphone should advice me ?

18:09:04 : Frederick G.: You will receive the notification.

18:09:24 : Frederick G.: The software update will be pushed to existing Sprint Samsung Transform customers over a 4-day period from 2/28/11 - 3/3/11 via OTA (over the air).

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Well I doubt we get it that soon, I also doubt it will bring much to me other than better 3d drivers, But with that said if it does come out the 28th I hope I get a copy early before they screw up and brick phones then pull the update, like they have done every other phone that got 2.2.

Journeyman

this is what I got as a response today from Sprint

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your inquiry.  Unfortunately, the release date for the 2.2

software is still not available from Sprint.com or Samsung.com/us/.  The

latest update from the Samsung site is from 10/2010.  The Samsung site

does not list an expected launch date for 2.2. We value your business

and appreciate the opportunity to answer your questions.  If we can be

of further assistance or if you have any other questions or concerns

please contact us again.

Sincerely,

Jeanann S.

Sprint

Bristol, VA

this makes me think about what is going on inside Sprint when some reps say its coming monday some say no?

Does anybody from sprint checking on these forums???

@vamp about rooting, I tried to read up on rooting as much as i could but wanted to ask you, if I root my phone just with 2.1 would it be any faster and responsive? Now its pretty much awful, but im sure you are aware of that

thanks

Journeyman

well......whatever happens, im gonna save the email i got telling me it would be monday and im gonna use it to get a credit if they dont deliver......

Journeyman

I also got this email listed below from Sprint saying Android 2.2 would be rolled out begining 2/28/11

Dear Sean Jordan,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand your query regarding Samsung Transform upgrade. I am happy to inform you that 2.2 Android (Froyo) will be available for the Samsung  Transform  (M920) starting on Monday, 2/28/11  We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your questions. 

Sincerely, Bernadette S. Sprint

Journeyman

This one must be true because its from Mrs. Sprint herself! (Bernadette S. Sprint) haha I'm so funny. Not

Journeyman

I spoke with sprint and they could not confirm an updated on 2/28/11 and they also could not give any date that suggested i contact samsung.  I contacted samsung and this is the chat transcript

Chat Information Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat Information You are now chatting with 'Vick'

Chat Information Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK4380594032X

Vick:  Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Visitor:  i  was  curious i have heard that there will be un updated for the samsung  transform cell phone on the sprint network to android 2.2 froyo on  2/28/11 is that accurate?

Vick:  I understand that you would like to know the information regarding the Android 2.2 upgrade on the handset, am I correct ?

Visitor:  yes

Vick:  Thank you for confirming.

Vick:  I  apologize, unfortunately there is no Android 2.2 update available at  this time for your phone model, nor is there an estimated date of one  being released. We are unable to speculate when/if a software revision  might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate  information and confusion.

Visitor:  ok thank you\

Vick:  You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Visitor: no that's all

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat