Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Journeyman

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

It has been far too long of a wait, and as a long-standing customer, I would like to be heard. We need the Android to be updated on the Samsung Transform from 2.1 to 2.2, this has gone on long enough. By the time you actually give us 2.2, everyone else will be on 2.3. There isn't much incentive to buy a phone if the LARGE company that sells it isn't willing to keep it updated. It is ridiculous that tiny companies like Metro PCS already have droid phones on 2.2, while SPRINT is still pushing them stock with 2.1. Consider your customers, and give us the upgrade, please.

Sidenote about the Transform: What is the point of a front-facing camera if you can't use it for video chat?

Message was edited by: takashistorm11

887 REPLIES 887
Journeyman

Nope. No one has it. Was not rolled out as Sprint scheduled. I've got a voicemail telling me it would be today .... but not.

It seems odd to me that when they blow their first date by two months, they would be dead-bang certain with their second date.

Journeyman

It seems like if it was really released today some one would have it, I have called multiple local stores and have read allthe online threads no one had it yet.  Looks like another snow job by sprint!

Journeyman

Just chated wit sprint rep Cammy C and she said update started today, anybody got it yet?

Journeyman

Not everybody is going to get it today. Some will today, some tomorrow, some the day after.

Google is handling the OTA update.

Journeyman

Ok I can beleive that if you can tell me one person has got it - I have heard nada about anyone actually getting and installing the upate...

Journeyman

From another forum..

"

Angry

yep you are correct. i just talked to customer service and they said it was scheduled to come out today but the just got the notice that it is delayed because of the problems with the epic ota. DAMN SAMSUNG

http://androidforums.com/samsung-transform/287525-transform-getting-2-2-tomorrow.html

Journeyman

I've been told by a high level of customer service that there's no estimate of when it will arrive ... I'd love for eplanajr to prove me wrong.

Journeyman

6:01:07 PM :  Norah K. has joined this session!

6:01:07 PM :  Connected with Norah K.. Your Reference Number for this chat session is 2309796.

6:01:07 PM :  Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Norah K..

6:01:14 PM : sandy connolly: Hello Norah.

6:01:30 PM : Norah K.: Please let me know your concern in detail.

6:01:39 PM : sandy connolly: Getting mixed messages about the 2.2 android update for the Transform.  Do you know?

6:02:17 PM : Norah K.: Yes if you wish you can update your phone with this and that can be updated through message only.

6:02:37 PM : Norah K.: You will get this message in between 02/28/2011 to 03/03/2011.

6:03:25 PM : sandy connolly: so update is still planned?

6:03:53 PM : Norah K.: I am sorry I did not understand this.

6:04:30 PM : sandy connolly: Is the android update for Transform still happening?  Or has it been delayed?

6:05:17 PM : Norah K.: Yes it is still happening and you can do this through this message which you are receiving on your phone.

6:06:05 PM : sandy connolly: I meant messages on the Sprint & Samsung forums, I've not received a message on my phone....yet, but I look forward to it!

6:06:48 PM : Norah K.: Sure, the message can be sent to you in between 02/28/2011 to 03/03/2011.

6:07:20 PM : sandy connolly: Thank you Norah, appreciate your time

OK, still confused....anyone else? 

Journeyman

Where my confusion is why has it taken so long. I understand that they need to test but Microsoft doesn’t sell computers it creates the OS. HP, Dell, Sony all licenses that OS for their computers. Microsoft doesn’t need permission from anyone to do an update it just does the update because they feel it is in the best interest for the customer. I don’t understand why Google can't do the same thing and force the manufactures to allow uploads to the Phone OS.

Journeyman

You know what else is unbelievably frustrating  ... nobody from Sprint will come on and explain because they've f'd it up so badly.

Journeyman

You would need default recovery, the update will be signed by sprint and only the default recovery would be able to run the signed update.

When the update really come out just flash either stock recovery or flash to complete stock.

Journeyman

LMAO where did you get this info that google pushed out updates? I wished they did we would get 2.3 without sprint bloatware, Sprint pushes the update, they are the last ones to touch it, they add the bloatware then push to phones. You really think google would support sprints bloatware?

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat