cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

It has been far too long of a wait, and as a long-standing customer, I would like to be heard. We need the Android to be updated on the Samsung Transform from 2.1 to 2.2, this has gone on long enough. By the time you actually give us 2.2, everyone else will be on 2.3. There isn't much incentive to buy a phone if the LARGE company that sells it isn't willing to keep it updated. It is ridiculous that tiny companies like Metro PCS already have droid phones on 2.2, while SPRINT is still pushing them stock with 2.1. Consider your customers, and give us the upgrade, please.

Sidenote about the Transform: What is the point of a front-facing camera if you can't use it for video chat?

Message was edited by: takashistorm11

887 REPLIES 887
Highlighted
Journeyman

The process is simple, google designs the code and produces the source code the phone manufacture downloads the code compiles it and adds their drivers and kernels, then they give the update to the phone companies which then test and brands the update with their bloatware then they the phone companies push the updates to their customers, so the delay is sprint, their bloatware is causing problems. Once sprint figures out how to get their bloatware in the update and not brick the phones we get the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If sprint were to release 2.2 today then all new transforms would have 2.2 on it. After looking again on sprints home page, its still showes the transform comes with 2.1.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Vampire    

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well.. still no update.

Aparently the customer service rep has misinformed us all?

Highlighted
Journeyman

i went to the link but the transform wasnt there, that was kinda funky, but march 3rd thru 25 they are expected to get all transforms 2.2

Highlighted
Journeyman

OMG YOU GUYS!  I just got off of the chat/support with Sprint/Samsung and 2.2 will be released on some date that can't be verified or trusted!  Then we rode magical unicorns to the candy mountain and had drinks with Chuck Norris.

I'm sorry, I get highly amused when everyone throws out half truths from some CSR front liner and expect it to actually happen.  Since Sprint said in their Transform press release that it would have 2.2 by the end of 2010, and it didn't, why would you believe any date they said?  You can't trust them until it happens.  And even when it happens, like that other phone, they could pull it just as quick because they done goofed

I also find it really really funny that you people seem surprised that the 2/28 date a few CSR's mentioned didn't happen. Sorry if I offended anyone, just had to get that out there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Some of us didn't get it from CSRs. Mine came from fairly far up last Thursday.

While I don't like it one bit -- and think Sprint owes its customers who have been misled (now twice) -- I can see them blowing one deadline. But when you blow one as badly as they did, you'd better be 100 percent sure before you even have a whiff of a 2nd announcement.

Stuff like this wouldn't fly in many industries/companies.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well people just want the update so bad, lol some people are going to be disappointed even when they get the update, cause those people believe that the update brings flash.

Anyway I really don't care when it comes, I did at one point now I don't, all it brings to me is ffc which I don't use anyway, so I get nothing, lol. If they want, they can just give me 2.3, or Samsung coulld give me the 3d drivers for 2.3 and I would build my own 2.3.

Highlighted
Journeyman

vampirefo, Major props. I appreciate all of the work you are doing on these devices. That being said, I had 2.2 for a couple of days and had a few issues that I didn't have the time to wait out a resolution on. I am running 2.1 on your Kernel that I found on SDX and like it.

I have noticed that Samsung is slow to update, but leave their stuff pretty open for people like you. Also it seems that HTC and Motorola are a bit quicker on the updates, but they lock their devices down a bit more. It's going to be a matter of what type of device that you want.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So no flash, huh? What does 2.2 do for the phone? I had radioactive on the moment, which was sweet, but they swapped me the transform after all the problems with that thing. I almost miss it. I'll have to check on the rc2 again. I was waiting for more of the bugs to get worked out or for the official update, which even if it happens will still not be as good as your stuff. I'll get of your d now and go check sdx. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

vampirefo,

could you outline specifically for me why it won't get flash? i assume it's hardware related, but i just find it hard to believe. i've got a friend with about a 2 yr old moto droid and he was able to dl and install flash on it once he got his froyo from V.

looking for solid info from someone who can speak tech because i've seen about 50/50 arguments online for why the transform will or will not run flash. even saw one saying the processor isn't adequate, but i researched the specs myself and the requirements said it needed an ARM two revisions behind what the transform has, unless my findings were incorrect.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The new deadline is from march 2 trough march 6.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat