Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Journeyman

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

It has been far too long of a wait, and as a long-standing customer, I would like to be heard. We need the Android to be updated on the Samsung Transform from 2.1 to 2.2, this has gone on long enough. By the time you actually give us 2.2, everyone else will be on 2.3. There isn't much incentive to buy a phone if the LARGE company that sells it isn't willing to keep it updated. It is ridiculous that tiny companies like Metro PCS already have droid phones on 2.2, while SPRINT is still pushing them stock with 2.1. Consider your customers, and give us the upgrade, please.

Sidenote about the Transform: What is the point of a front-facing camera if you can't use it for video chat?

Message was edited by: takashistorm11

887 REPLIES 887
Journeyman

1st: an upgrade to froyo from eclair is not a "substandard" upgrade

2nd: apps to sd will come with froyo

3rd: mobile hot spot will come with the upgrade

the only thing you said that was right was it won't get flash, and nothing will change that.

Journeyman

First do not believe a word Sprint says until it becomes a reality.

Second apps to sd is not listed for the Transform like the other devices in the leaked document.

Third mobile hot spot is another way for Sprint to know and control your activity on the products and services we pay for.

Journeyman

i would think apps to sd would be a standard froyo option, but i could be wrong. either way it will only go to improve on what vampirefo has done already. Froyo, made for the transform, so it will be fully functional. an upgrade to 2.2 will be well recieved by most folks, whenever it gets here.

Journeyman

I hope you are right respectfully Sprint has lost a lot of my trust the past few months. As far as Vampirefo, I love it. You should try it just follow his instructions and some other guy did a you tube video. If it comes out next week I work with a girl who has a stock Transform if she has all the bells and whistles I will flash back to stock and eat my own words.

Journeyman

lol, my transform was rooted the night i got it home. but i play with my phone just because i like to do that kinda stuff. i was very pleased with the unofficial froyo. thats why i think apps to sd will be in the upgrade. everything else got it right? with the official version, i get my ffc back (which i rarely use anyway). i can just imagine what the official drivers will do for the performance. i don't jump on the "sprint lies" bandwagon. they are not gonna just release a bogus update that doesnt work just cause everyone wants it sooo bad. when it works, it will come. now if they said they changed their mind and we aint gettin it at all, then i might complain, but as of now, thanks sprint for not sending me crap and bricking my phone.

Journeyman

One of the main reasons I want the 2.2, besides performance, is apps to sd, but if that won't be included, I'm gonna need help rooting.

Guess we will see tomorrow....I'll believe it when I see it....Sprint has cried wolf too many times.

Journeyman

I have my doubts it will be out tomorow however it will be nice if it is, The reason I have my doubts is i go to sprint store several times a week, I recently bought my son the evo and going to buy my wife and daughter evo's as well. I play with all the phones they have on display, the epic in store has 2.2 the evo has 2.2 the transform has 2.1 the store phones always get updated first before OTA in this case the transform has not been updated. The epic has been updated to 2.2 already in the store. So to me that means the epic might get updated but not the transform, I even asked the store manger he told me if I had the epic bring it in they would update it to 2.2, but they had no information on the transform being updated.

Anyway The guy could be wrong, I just don't think so though, sprint has never updated current users before they updated their unsold phones just doesn't make any sense but with sprint who knows?

Journeyman

I'm about ready to root for real...I don't need the IDs at all the bloat. Just want stability and be able to download to sd.

Journeyman

It is easier than it seems it seems the most crucial part is the bianary file and how it gets deleted and replaced. After that your phone already knows what to do. Vampirefo and sdx have great instructions and video to walk you through it.apps to sd changes the performance allows for more apps and angry birds is truly addictive on my transform. The front facing camera, lack of flash on the camera are minor compared to the benifits and overall stability provided.

Journeyman

Tango FFC (that is the only thing I would use it for anyways) works with my rooted phone. As for the flash, well, if you use the camera flash fix, you can manually turn it on. But I have to warn you, it is extremely bright and leaves spots in your eyes for a few minutes afterwards. 

The rooting isn't perfect, but compare to the phone without root, the choice is obvious.

Journeyman

I'm probaly gonna root...Angry Birds quit working on mine back after an update in early Dec or late Nov, so I removed it, loved it when it worked. I'll look up that video, watched it once before. So only the back camera works?

Journeyman

I rooted mine with ext4 and both my cams work.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat