cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

It has been far too long of a wait, and as a long-standing customer, I would like to be heard. We need the Android to be updated on the Samsung Transform from 2.1 to 2.2, this has gone on long enough. By the time you actually give us 2.2, everyone else will be on 2.3. There isn't much incentive to buy a phone if the LARGE company that sells it isn't willing to keep it updated. It is ridiculous that tiny companies like Metro PCS already have droid phones on 2.2, while SPRINT is still pushing them stock with 2.1. Consider your customers, and give us the upgrade, please.

Sidenote about the Transform: What is the point of a front-facing camera if you can't use it for video chat?

Message was edited by: takashistorm11

887 REPLIES 887
Highlighted
Journeyman

Great, but how is the speed and performance?? Does it feel faster?

Highlighted
Journeyman

kindie75 yes it is much faster and does not freezes and now you dont need astro this update has a file manager. and so many other things                                 

priteshp108 yes uninstall you wont need it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

no one answered the question "how are you notified of the update?"

do you get notification prior to the update downloading, or do you get notification after it downloads and ready to install?

Highlighted
Journeyman

@priteshp108 You should get a notification stating you have an update

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok. patiently waiting.

hopefully i didn't screw anything up. i tried to get root access with SuperClick and it worked but didn't seem to be permanently. Other than that, I've not changed anything. But still I hope I didn't screw anything up.

Highlighted
Wizard

Please refer to the maintenance release post here: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/64947

You'll see that it's being pushed to your phones in waves over a 4 day period.  If by 3/25 you have not received a notification on your phone follow the steps indicated in the install instructions called Check for updates

This update shouldn't wipe your device, but it's always a good idea to do a backup prior to upgrading. 

If after reviewing the maintenance release post and blog, you still have questions, I'd be happy to help you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

can anyone that has the update post the performance of games? (ie. angry birds, stupid zombies, etc.)

Highlighted
Journeyman

So.... as far as I can tell you are the only one posting that has gotten the update......are we sure that people are really getting the update?????

Highlighted
Journeyman

I literally had to leave my phone in the other room.  I cant stop picking it up, looking for any indication of the update.  Maybe I'll just go to bed and hope that "Santa" leaves me that shiny new Android 2.2 package I've been waiting and hoping for!  Good night, all!

Highlighted
Journeyman

i hear you. i've been checking my phone every 5 mins.

time for bed; need to stop worrying about it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

omg ive been literally on the edge waiting for this update 😕 i really really cant wait till we get 3g mobile hotspot...i can already see it, me sitting peacefully playing ps3 with MY wireless internet

Highlighted
Journeyman

how much are we going to have to pay, if we activate 3g mobile hotspot.....??? From what I understand even though I am on an unlimited data plan, if i use the phone as a hotspot its going to add another 30 to the bill.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat